Training Camp Thread...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Orlando Scandrick likely out for rest of preseason

Posted by Josh Alper on August 24, 2016, 8:05 AM EDT

In 2015, Cowboys cornerback Orlando Scandrick made his preseason debut in the team’s second game and then didn’t play in another game all year due to a torn ACL suffered in a subsequent practice.

Scandrick made this year’s preseason debut last Friday against the Cowboys and it will likely be his last game action of the preseason. Scandrick hopes that the story takes better turns from there this time.

Scandrick has a groin strain that will keep him out this week and he’ll likely join the rest of the team’s first-stringers on the bench for the fourth game in hopes of being ready to go for the first week of the regular season.

“My thing is to get back on the practice field and compete as fast as possible,” Scandrick said, via the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. “At the same time I don’t want to hurt myself more. I want to be out there more than anybody. I worked so hard to get back. This is frustrating. The bright side is my knee feels great. I just need to get through this little hiccup and I will be fine. In a perfect world, I would love to be back on the practice field Saturday. I think I will definitely be ready Week One barring something happening that is out of my control.”

Scandrick’s absence will give the Cowboys a longer look at corners like Deji Olatoye and Anthony Brown who are vying for roster spots with roster cuts looming.

Top Bottom