User Tag List

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Jerry Jones hires lawyer and threatens to sue over Roger Goodell extension

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    For Jerry to go from belligerent to capitulating so quickly and quietly, and this to go through soon after, there must be some sort of back door deal going on.

"Fine, Jerry, we will start calling holding penalties on your opponents. Just sign the damn paper."
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    As someone who used to soak in the draft, free agency, actually watch preseason games etc... I used to actually think the NFL as a 12 month a year sport and loved every bit of it. The past few years it has really lost its luster. Largely because of goodell and the random punishments, softening up the game, fucking with the draft, overseas games etc. plus I hate Garrett (not sure if Iíve ever made that clear).

The past few years I started to follow CFB more closely and I get excited about recruiting like I used to the draft. I just need my team to stop sucking like the cowboys and Iíll be okay.
    Same here, I'm just not into it like I used to be all year round. I used to hang around here during the offseason for any little bit of news that comes out but not the last few years. Family issues have been taking up more of my time as well.

3. The following 2 users like this post:

For Jerry to go from belligerent to capitulating so quickly and quietly, and this to go through soon after, there must be some sort of back door deal going on.
    I just hope it isn't promising to play nice when it comes to Goodell's contract but it wouldn't surprise me.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post

"Fine, Jerry, we will start calling holding penalties on your opponents. Just sign the damn paper."
    It wouldn't surprise me at all.

I'm sure there was some sort of a back door deal done. Probably one that the public will never be allowed to hear or find out about.

Quote Originally Posted by midswat View Post
    As someone who used to soak in the draft, free agency, actually watch preseason games etc... I used to actually think the NFL as a 12 month a year sport and loved every bit of it. The past few years it has really lost its luster. Largely because of goodell and the random punishments, softening up the game, fucking with the draft, overseas games etc. plus I hate Garrett (not sure if Iíve ever made that clear).

The past few years I started to follow CFB more closely and I get excited about recruiting like I used to the draft. I just need my team to stop sucking like the cowboys and Iíll be okay.
    Everything, even the college part, pretty much sums up my current feelings on the NFL and football as a whole.

I don't care much about what happens in the NFL anymore outside of the Cowboys, and even with them, my interest isn't anywhere near what it used to be.

I'm going on about 4 years of where I care more for the college game than the NFL.

I don't think my interest in the NFL will ever be the same.
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

8. The following 2 users like this post:

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post

Wouldn't shock me but I wonder if the anthem stuff is part of it. Otherwise I'm guessing financial in some way.

My interest in the college game has not been strong the past few years and has never been anywhere near my NFL passion. It's just not a big part of the culture in the Northeast and honestly it's not as good quality.

That said, my love of the NFL is waning sharply anyway. There's just so much bullshit. Goodell is shitting all over the legacy of the league and turning it into his own personal fiefdom.

Wouldn't shock me but I wonder if the anthem stuff is part of it. Otherwise I'm guessing financial in some way.
    I love how the NFL basically paid the players off on the issue with a "donation" to social justice. What a fucking slimy joke.

My interest in the college game has not been strong the past few years and has never been anywhere near my NFL passion. It's just not a big part of the culture in the Northeast and honestly it's not as good quality.

That said, my love of the NFL is waning sharply anyway. There's just so much bullshit. Goodell is shitting all over the legacy of the league and turning it into his own personal fiefdom.
    Yeah, when I lived in central NJ years ago it was basically Rutgers and Princeton and they both sucked so I didn't really follow CFB other than a random game on one of the networks.

I find it hard to get into the NFL more and more as time goes by and it's not unusual for me to fall asleep during a night game if I'm bored to hell. I even forgot all about there being a game on tonight and I don't really care. The brand has been in decline for over twenty years but that dick of a commish is trying to push it over a cliff.