User Tag List

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Jerry Jones hires lawyer and threatens to sue over Roger Goodell extension

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Genghis Khan View Post
    If only we could get it to start somewhere.
    If only we knew someone who had experience getting something like this to start somewhere.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Am I sensing a new billboard campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by BipolarFan View Post
    Am I sensing a new billboard campaign?
    ...with a meme of your choice

Maybe Jerry will fight this to his last breath and rid us of Goodell.

2 birds, one stone.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    I've never been one to believe in referee conspiracies or the league trying to tilt outcomes, despite the bullshit that happened against the Packers the last two playoff games, but at this point I'm expecting there to be plenty of questionable shit going down in our games for the foreseeable future.
    Yeah it started last week. Should be interesting to see how it continues.

They already got the no holding call streak going.

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    I can't stand Jones for the most part. Terrible GM, and a man that thinks building a team as a money machine trumps building a team that can actually win on the field.

But...theres no denying what he has done for the profitability and popularity of the game, and he is a true marketing guru. He has the horses and a way with people- theres no doubt in my mind he has a huge hard on for Goodell now, and if he can't get people to buy in to his opinion, then he's not afraid to use a scorched earth tactic to get his way. Look no further than what he did with Nike, Pepsi, etc.

He isn't afraid of Goodell, the NFL, nor any of the other owners.

El Other Presidente' UncleMilti's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Ace View Post
    Schefter reported yesterday that his source within the NFL that told him a few days ago that he was 100% certain the Goodell deal would go through, but yesterday, he reduced the number to 75%.

As Schefter said, that's still a very high probability, but just the fact that the guy reduced his odds by 25% just days after saying that it was a sure thing means that Jerry Jones is gaining traction.
    Schefter's "sources" said the same shit over 2 months ago, yet Goodell's contract is still not done.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    I've never been one to believe in referee conspiracies or the league trying to tilt outcomes, despite the bullshit that happened against the Packers the last two playoff games, but at this point I'm expecting there to be plenty of questionable shit going down in our games for the foreseeable future.
    Unlikely.

Patriots have been at odds with Goodell the last 15 years. Hasnít stopped them from having success.

This team will continue to flounder because inept coaching and the general atmosphere around a Jerry owned team. Not because of any conspiracy.

9. The following user likes this post:

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Yeah I just don't care any more. Maybe now he will stop having the refs fuck with us or something like that. Basically Goodell and his goons have beaten me into submission just like the rest of the NFL.