Training Camp Thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Forget Street. Good lord, talk about taking one sentence and latching onto it.

It could be anyone we're trying to develop whose chances are reduced.

Focus on Butler. That guy should pass Beasely on the depth chart like a bullet.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

He isn't at the same position with the way the Cowboys do things. Again... WRs not named Dez are going to play and you will see them all. 3 or 4 passes a game were going to Beasley not 30.

dallen

Senior Tech
This is 2016. You don't just play your two starters any more. There will be plenty of plays for both Beasley and Butler.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
This is 2016. You don't just play your two starters any more. There will be plenty of plays for both Beasley and Butler.
Exactly.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

There are roles for players like Beasley, namely the slot. So Butler is cut out to do the same things in the scheme?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Beasley should have one role: Short yardage conversions, period.

That makes him 4th WR IMO

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Beasley should have one role: Short yardage conversions, period.

That makes him 4th WR IMO
This makes absolutely no sense. Beasley is a slot receiver, and a pretty good one. Which is the 3rd WR on the field. I'm sure if Butler could play that spot, and play it well, he'd get time there. But he's an outside, speed WR. If he's going to take time from anybody, it would either be Dez (haha) or Williams.

Jiggyfly

Banned
This makes absolutely no sense. Beasley is a slot receiver, and a pretty good one. Which is the 3rd WR on the field. I'm sure if Butler could play that spot, and play it well, he'd get time there. But he's an outside, speed WR. If he's going to take time from anybody, it would either be Dez (haha) or Williams.
This is the basic concept that Ravi keeps missing, there are no other receivers who have the short area quickness that Beasley does and they are not really in comp with him for the slot.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is the basic concept that Ravi keeps missing, there are no other receivers who have the short area quickness that Beasley does and they are not really in comp with him for the slot.
This is an awful trap, calling a guy a "slot WR" and barring any and all from taking the field because of it. Beasley's problem is he's ONLY a slot WR, and a short range one at that.

I'm sure if you look up and down NFL rosters, 3rd string WRs can play a range of positions. I think you'd also find Butler, Williams, and Dez can also play the slot, either end, or set back. Austin used to switch positions all the time.

So this argument carries little weight, and if anything emphasizes how limited Beasley is.

Your best three are your best three, period.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is an awful trap, calling a guy a "slot WR" and barring any and all from taking the field because of it. Beasley's problem is he's ONLY a slot WR, and a short range one at that.

I'm sure if you look up and down NFL rosters, 3rd string WRs can play a range of positions. I think you'd also find Butler, Williams, and Dez can also play the slot, either end, or set back. Austin used to switch positions all the time.

So this argument carries little weight, and if anything emphasizes how limited Beasley is.

Your best three are your best three, period.
Welker and Eldeman were strictly slot receivers and both produces extremely well for what they were asked to do. I guess they should have benched them. Yanno, cause they only produce sometimes and stuff. You really should drop a hyperbole line and move on.

Cotton

Staff member

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Welker and Eldeman were strictly slot receivers and both produces extremely well for what they were asked to do. I guess they should have benched them. Yanno, cause they only produce sometimes and stuff. You really should drop a hyperbole line and move on.
Like using Welker and Edelman as typical examples of slot WRs is not a just a wee bit of hyperbole.

The Patriots are not typical, and rarely feature #1 WRs on the outside like most offenses do, beyond that brief time with Moss. And Edelman has also proven he can play multiple WR positions.

BTW, no way in Hell will Beasely ever be Welker or even Edelman.

Cotton

Staff member

Which means he is probably out for the season.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

Which means he is probably out for the season.
Pretty much.

Top Bottom