Ric Flair Fighting For His Life

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Saw a report about 15 minutes ago that he's out of surgery and resting.

midswat

... soon
That's a shame. He did a promo for some politician or something not that long ago and he sounded horrible.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
This might be the single greatest thing I have ever seen:

:lol:lol

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
:lol

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I was never big into "pro" wrestling past the late 70's but The Nature Boy is one I won't forget. I don't think he's even in his 70s yet.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Flair's face at the beginning of it is great because you almost get the impression that he hadn't heard the impression yet and was quite impressed by how good that guy could impersonate him.

:lol

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The 30 for 30 about him came on last night. Pretty good.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
That MF'er has been fighting for his life...for a long time.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
That was a great watch.

How the hell is he still alive today after drinking pretty much everyday for the last 40 years?

And as much as I love the guy, man he sure does come off as a big time swindler. He's gotten so caught up in that wrestling persona of his that I think he believes that's who he truly is, as opposed to someone he made up.

I think Hogan was right when he said near the end that he still felt that wrestling was still the most important thing in Flair's life. I mean, some of that stuff about his lifestyle was funny, but he's got a long line of ex-wives and kids who probably don't find it funny at all, and Flair himself doesn't seem all that remorseful and seems to find humor in it.

Still, I can't help but love the guy for what he was and is. But I am able to separate fiction from reality and I can enjoy the character and schtick that is the Nature Boy without having cloud my perception of who Richard Fliehr is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That was a great watch.

How the hell is he still alive today after drinking pretty much everyday for the last 40 years?

And as much as I love the guy, man he sure does come off as a big time swindler. He's gotten so caught up in that wrestling persona of his that I think he believes that's who he truly is, as opposed to someone he made up.

I think Hogan was right when he said near the end that he still felt that wrestling was still the most important thing in Flair's life. I mean, some of that stuff about his lifestyle was funny, but he's got a long line of ex-wives and kids who probably don't find it funny at all, and Flair himself doesn't seem all that remorseful and seems to find humor in it.

Still, I can't help but love the guy for what he was and is. But I am able to separate fiction from reality and I can enjoy the character and schtick that is the Nature Boy without having cloud my perception of who Richard Fliehr is.

Top Bottom