Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I just read the letter to Zeke. Since he wasn't able to explain how she got the injuries, he must have been responsible.

Despite her saying that she'd ruin him and asking folks to lie about it.

If he really did it, why would someone need to lie about it?

And again, the guy is immature as hell...but now you have to find who actually committed the crime when you're accused, or you automatically did it yourself?
She probably got drunk, stumbled and hit her head on the bar then thought "Hey, I'll blame it on the millionaire football player over there so I can get some $$ out of this." Zeke is immature but he isn't stupid and since he's had other controversies in the past, he really needs to grow up, straighten up and fly right. He probably got away with some stuff when he was at tOSU but the spotlight is brighter at the NFL level.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
If I were a Cowboys player (or any other player for that matter), I would refuse to play in any games while Zeke is suspended... It's ironic that an organization that is punishing one player for shitting on the flag, and at the same time, wiping its own collective ass with the Constitution.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If bullshit decisions like this are going to come down the NFL can go fuck itself. I have no desire to watch games in a league run by corrupt cunts like Goodell and his puppet master Mara.
Right now I have no desire to even watch football. Way to ruin football for me Goodell/Mara's butt buttom.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
She probably got drunk, stumbled and hit her head on the bar then thought "Hey, I'll blame it on the millionaire football player over there so I can get some $$ out of this." Zeke is immature but he isn't stupid and since he's had other controversies in the past, he really needs to grow up, straighten up and fly right. He probably got away with some stuff when he was at tOSU but the spotlight is brighter at the NFL level.
Why the hell is Zeke responsible to explain someone else's bruises? That doesn't even make logical sense.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Cancelling my Sunday Ticket over this. Jerry also needs to raise hell; it can't be a coincidence that Josh Brown only got 1 game when he admitted to beating his wife. There's a clear pattern of favoritism by the NFL.
That's what burns my ass. The inconsistency.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Definitely not, IMO, but they did hit Brady with 4 games.
Brady destroyed evidence. Not even remotely the same. God damn this is fucking bullshit.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Seriously Jerry has the biggest fan base in the NFL and the most power of any individual owner. It's time to push the nuclear option button. Fuck the NFL.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
It may not be evidence you could use in a court of law, but the NFL isn't bound by rules of evidence, unfortunately.

This is part of the problem, I think.

I don't want this from my NFL. And I'd guess I'm not alone.

townsend

Banned
This is some WWE heel general manager bullshit.

Zeke does need to be more careful, but if he was wearing an Giants jersey this would have been dropped the day after he was drafted.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Using Peplaw's example, I actually think in some cases it would be okay if the NFL followed through with a suspension even if a case had to be thrown out of criminal courts due to a lack of evidence.

If evidence isn't collected with proper warrants for searches, monitoring, etc., that evidence is inadmissible even if there is clear audio/video of the individual committing the crime.

In cases like that I won't cry foul as much. That's pretty much the only way that I'll accept this 6 game suspension as fair punishment. The NFL has to produce some type of evidence that shows w/o a shadow of doubt that Zeke committed those.

None of that "more likely than not" bullshit they were espousing during the deflategate drama.

D

Deuce

Zeke plans to take it through the courts. He'll probably play this whole season before it's decided.

Or if the NFL has his way, a ruling will come between week 17 and playoffs so they can steal him from us at the worst time.

Genghis Khan

Using Peplaw's example, I actually think in some cases it would be okay if the NFL followed through with a suspension even if a case had to be thrown out of criminal courts due to a lack of evidence.

If evidence isn't collected with proper warrants for searches, monitoring, etc., that evidence is inadmissible even if there is clear audio/video of the individual committing the crime.

In cases like that I won't cry foul as much. That's pretty much the only way that I'll accept this 6 game suspension as fair punishment. The NFL has to produce some type of evidence that shows w/o a shadow of doubt that Zeke committed those.

None of that "more likely than not" bullshit they were espousing during the deflategate drama.
Right, I agree there can be rare situations like that, but not this type of stuff.

Genghis Khan

To clarify, I don't want my NFL to be an extension of the court room. That's not remotely what I watch football for, and I don't think they are remotely qualified for it. Nor do I think bias doesn't creep into it. It detracts from the game.

Funny how all the other major American team sports seem to get along just fine without doing this stuff.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

Exactly. If the OJ case had happened while he was still playing and a conviction were required, he wouldn't have missed a game.

This seems like too far the other way, though... unless the evidence we're not privy to is more incriminating than we think.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'm surprised you guys think the league *wants* to suspend one of the biggest stars on its most popular team.

I don't agree with the overall league policy, but maybe the league knows a lot more than we realize?
A lot more than the Columbus police?

The NFL has a clear and established history of botched and fumbled investigations replete with sloppy documentation.

So they suddenly got their shit together and did a job better and more thorough job than law enforcement and the legal authorities?

No, they just quite simply believed this woman and her "witnesses" more than Elliott and used a national stage and prominent figure to scapegoat for their own public image.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is just unbelievable to me. What's to now stop the NFL to suspend any player they want simply on an accusation? Just fucking unbelievable.

peplaw06

Brand New Member

It's not what I would prefer at all. But the problem is the players association has agreed to do things this way.

townsend

Banned
It's not what I would prefer at all. But the problem is the players association has agreed to do things this way.
The NFLPA should be going into the next negotiation with the expectation of closing the NFL for a year. They gave up way too much for a fatter salary cap. Roger Goodell's firing should be a line one of players' demands.

Top Bottom