Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I was reading the comments from one of Shango's YouTube videos and one person who was a huge Ohio State fan mentioned that Zeke's dad had to make frequent trips to Columbus, OH in order to straighten Zeke out and keep him on the right path.

Take it for what it's worth, but it does follow the narrative that he's a goofy kid who's never grasped the severity of his actions and who lacks that "think before you act" filter that most of us have.

I've been of the opinion that he probably needed to be suspended to serve as a wake up call, however I think 6 games is excessive.

This isn't all on Goodell and the league office. The dumbass wearing #21 pretty much forced their hands.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
His stupid ass cut off shirt that he wore for the draft convinced me he was a pinhead.

But this is patently absurd; and what's more, it's a transparent attempt to rig the competitive balance of the league in the NY Giants favor, that's all this is. Mara has Goodell in his pocket; the liberal wing of the NFL owners group (Mara and Rooney being noted members) is kowtowing to PR, SJW special interests and have dropped the hammer on Zeke to let the Giants run out to a nice early division lead.

There is zero evidence of it at all. The league's behind the scenes operators have taken the opportunity to turn an accusation into punishment for their own personal gain and biases. It's as corrupt as can possibly be.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
This is cheating.

Straight up, all that this is.

Cheating by Mara with the assistance of Goodell.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Zeke will have fresh legs for the December playoff push. :towel

:unsure

dallen

Senior Tech

Smitty

DCC 4Life
.... of which not only is there zero evidence besides an accusation, there is actually evidence she was lying.

dallen

Senior Tech

1bigfan13

Staff member
You all owe Cris Carter an apology as well.

:tippytoe

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm surprised you guys think the league *wants* to suspend one of the biggest stars on its most popular team.

I don't agree with the overall league policy, but maybe the league knows a lot more than we realize?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Well if that's the case then there really is nothing there and a suspension isn't warranted. Unless of course they use the same reasoning that they did with Brady in that Zeke refused to cooperate fully with the investigation. Which is something that's been brought up over the last week.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Glad to know the league decided there was credible evidence when the police did not.

That's all this hinges on. There is no smoking gun. It's he said versus she said.

The NFL picked the side that makes them look tough on crime and laughably is gonna try to pass that off as "credibility."

Why is it credible? Cause they fucking say so?

Fuck Goodell. Fuck Mara. Fuck the NFL.
Yeah, fuck 'em all because this is complete and utter bullshit. I'm getting sick and fucking tired of Goodell being the judge that presides over the court of selective justice. He's so fucking biased it makes me ill. He's basically saying Zeke's a "repeat offender" but why didn't he suspend him for the previous offenses from the get go? This pattern of behavior crap is ridiculous.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Well if that's the case then there really is nothing there and a suspension isn't warranted. Unless of course they use the same reasoning that they did with Brady in that Zeke refused to cooperate fully with the investigation. Which is something that's been brought up over the last week.
Is that worth 6 games? At worst 1 game.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
This is cheating.

Straight up, all that this is.

Cheating by Mara with the assistance of Goodell.
Don't forget Belichick and Kraft. Goodell has his nose so far up their asses he probably hasn't seen daylight since he became the commish.

Landry

DCC 4Life
Goodell can suck a big bag of dicks. Can't wait until he's gone. :fyou

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm surprised you guys think the league *wants* to suspend one of the biggest stars on its most popular team.

I don't agree with the overall league policy, but maybe the league knows a lot more than we realize?
Then lets see it.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
.... of which not only is there zero evidence besides an accusation, there is actually evidence she was lying.
There's evidence both ways. Her accusation is evidence against Zeke, and inconsistencies in her story are evidence in his favor. And he just continues to get into trouble after it. It may not be evidence you could use in a court of law, but the NFL isn't bound by rules of evidence, unfortunately.

I think it's bullshit to give 6 games based on that one incident, but the guy hasn't done himself any favors plain and simple.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

:picard

Joe Fan

Brand New Member

:picard
What a complete load of shit.

Fuck the NFL.

1bigfan13

Staff member

Top Bottom