NBA Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

D

Deuce

Since the 6ers live Dunn so much, I fully expect Boston to take him and continue dangling him like a carrot to get a deal done.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What exactly is the Sixers plan?

Draft Simmons who can't shoot, trade Noel or Okafor, then play whichever one they keep next to Embiid at the 5 with Simmons at the 3?

Then have Dunn at the 1 who is an average shooter?

That team would have the worst spacing of all time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Draft Simmons who can't shoot, trade Noel or Okafor, then play whichever one they keep next to Embiid at the 5 with Simmons at the 3?

Ingram makes way more sense in my opinion but what do I know, I haven't put together a god awful NBA roster before.

Carp

DCC 4Life
It is fucking stupid to get hung up on whether Dunn is just an average shooter. You can pinpoint players when you have a team that can win more that 15 games.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It is fucking stupid to get hung up on whether Dunn is just an average shooter. You can pinpoint players when you have a team that can win more that 15 games.
Don't you need some guys on the floor who can actually shoot the ball?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

You have to remember this roster is going to be incomplete this year no matter what. Next year they'll have their own lottery pick, the ability to swap with Sacramento, and the Lakers top 3 protected. So they'll be adding probably two more lottery picks next year to complement what they are putting together now.

As for Dunn, they need a point guard, and independent of everything else they really like him. They need shooters also, but that's a separate point.

Can Dunn play with Simmons? They likely see Dunn as a very good perimeter defender and very good at running the break and transition offense. That actually pairs well with Simmons.

You could argue Ingram and Dunn fit better, but Simmons is the best player in the draft so you take him. And I don't buy that he can't fit with Dunn.

They probably play Simmons at the 4. Saric probably is also a 4. Embiid, Noel and Okafor are basically 5s. So you trade 1 or 2.

Simmons can probably guard at the 3, Noel can guard the 4, that's the important thing.

After that, work in progress. They probably will sign or trade for a veteran backcourt player.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Don't you need some guys on the floor who can actually shoot the ball?
I don't think anyone knows just how good a shooter guys like Stauskas and others guys are in Philly because they were running a ridiculous offense and rotated guys in and out with no continuity.

Yes...you want shooters, but you don't pass on better players to draft a role player. Saric shot 38 percent from 3 overseas this year too.

Last edited:

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Bulls apparently offered Butler for 5 and LaVine, wanting Dunn. I mean, I like Dunn, but that's a shit return for Butler, the only upside there is you're getting a nice prospect and should be a contender for a top 3 pick next year.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
What about shooters!!!!
Do you realize how bad of a shooter Simmons is?

He literally doesn't take shots outside of the paint, playing him at the 3 with some combo of Noel/Okafor/Embiid is suicide.

I like Dunn, I'm just saying that lineup is poorly constructed.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bulls apparently offered Butler for 5 and LaVine, wanting Dunn. I mean, I like Dunn, but that's a shit return for Butler, the only upside there is you're getting a nice prospect and should be a contender for a top 3 pick next year.
That would be a bad trade...considering the bag of shit you got for Rose, I see your point.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Do you realize how bad of a shooter Simmons is?

He literally doesn't take shots outside of the paint, playing him at the 3 with some combo of Noel/Okafor/Embiid is suicide.

I like Dunn, I'm just saying that lineup is poorly constructed.
Yep...if they got a shooter then they would challenge for an NBA title.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Hield's teeth will take some attention away from Davis' eye brows.

Top Bottom