Carl

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Sucks that I have to bring bad news. Our member, Carl, has passed away. Booze got word from a poster on another board that used to post here. Really really sucks. Send your thoughts or prayers out to his family. They most certainly need it right now.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Sucks that I have to bring bad news. Our member, Carl, has passed away. Booze got word from a poster on another board that used to post here. Really really sucks. Send your thoughts or prayers out to his family. They most certainly need it right now.
Who is his family?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
RIP, Carl. Wish we could have shared another shot at Superbowl glory.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Damn. In late January he sent me a somewhat desperate sounding PM. He said he wasn't even really sure why he was PMing me (he never had before) and apologized but said he felt lost and was looking at that moment for some sort of sounding board. I sent him a supportive reply and my e-mail address and told him to contact me and I would try to provide that 'sounding board'. I think all he was really looking for was someone to listen but I didn't hear back from him for a while. Then I got an e-mail from him in February and he said he was doing quite a bit better but had a 'long, perhaps life-long struggle ahead'. Didn't ever hear from him again via e-mail or PM.

RIP Carl.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Damn. In late January he sent me a somewhat desperate sounding PM. He said he wasn't even really sure why he was PMing me (he never had before) and apologized but said he felt lost and was looking at that moment for some sort of sounding board. I sent him a supportive reply and my e-mail address and told him to contact me and I would try to provide that 'sounding board'. I think all he was really looking for was someone to listen but I didn't hear back from him for a while. Then I got an e-mail from him in February and he said he was doing quite a bit better but had a 'long, perhaps life-long struggle ahead'. Didn't ever hear from him again via e-mail or PM.

RIP Carl.
Yeah I got the same thing.

But he also kind of sounded like he was resigned to his fate.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Wow. Very said to hear. R.I.P. Carl

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
R.I.P.

One of the few guys who would create a Tennis thread.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Does anybody know what was wrong or how old he was? I didn't get the sense he was older or anything.

data

Forbes #1
PM me, if possible. What happened - I didn't know he was sick.

im truly saddened. He'd be the guy coming in after an intense Cowboys thread where everyones pissed at each other for Romo's fault or Garretts fault and this vs that, then at 2am he makes some oddball observation like, "why do they play the national anthem"

bummed. Here's to you, friend.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Wow, RIP. He and I went at it a couple times but he was also quite reasonable on a lot of other issues, I felt. He also would send me the Ourlads draft guide, out of the blue, without me even having asked for it. Sad.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I will try to find out more details guys.

But right now, I am sure Irish is drinking a pint and calling us a bunch of cunts.

RIP Carl.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Does anybody know what was wrong or how old he was? I didn't get the sense he was older or anything.
I did a search and he was 46. Not entirely sure what was wrong. At different times in different threads last year he discussed being sick for an extended period of time and racking up tens of thousands of dollars in hospital bills. He also mentioned that alcohol ruined his life but no idea if there is a connection.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
I did a search and he was 46. Not entirely sure what was wrong. At different times in different threads last year he discussed being sick for an extended period of time and racking up tens of thousands of dollars in hospital bills. He also mentioned that alcohol ruined his life but no idea if there is a connection.
Being from the UK, he probably drank like a madman and caused himself damage, but that's simply a speculation.

He was one of those guys who really wanted to like and get along with everyone. I butted heads with him way back when, but like he did with others, he'd just start talking to me like nothing ever happened and we ended getting along really well after that.

I'll miss talking soccer and golf with him, among other things.

I hope he's waking the streets of gold.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Damn 46 is way too young to go.. RIP

Top Bottom