TV Thread

dallen

Senior Tech
But there is no doubt in my mind that he did kill them.

Jiggyfly

Banned
The connotation was that he was set up. Or at very least it was understandable that people thought he was. It's a sick thought, and one that I though 1big was above.
1Big never said any of that and made no connotation of that.

You missed his whole point.

Jiggyfly

Banned
He can be guilty and still get set up. There was definitely a racist issue with the LAPD. I think some people in the LAPD treated the case like any other poor black guy and they cut corners. Obviously I'm not black, but for me the OJ trial was as much about class as it was race. He was able to afford attorneys that were good enough to find and exploit every crack in the state's case.
Exactly.

And the race issue was the trump card they played.

It was the perfect storm.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
1Big never said any of that and made no connotation of that.

You missed his whole point.
Maybe so. I hope I was wrong. He has never struck me as the type of person to believe something like that.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The connotation was that he was set up. Or at very least it was understandable that people thought he was. It's a sick thought, and one that I though 1big was above.
I didn't say I thought he was set up. If you go back and re-read what I posted, I said based on how the LAPD treated minorities 20 years ago, blacks in particular, it wasn't that far of a leap for blacks to believe that LAPD tampered with the evidence.

And let's be real, that shit happens a lot these days with dirty cops filing false reports, placing guns, etc. in order to cover for their questionable actions.

You have to watch the ESPN documentary though before you slam my opinions. In the documentary they discuss details on how evidence was mishandled and how Furman admittedly had a disdain for blacks and Mexicans. So once you see all that and get the complete background on decades long black distrust of the LAPD, you'll be able to see why they were able to create reasonable doubt.

Last edited:

Cotton

Staff member
I didn't say I thought he was set up. If you go back and re-read what I posted, I said based on how the LAPD treated minorities 20 years ago, blacks in particular, it wasn't that far of a leap for blacks to believe that LAPD tampered with the evidence.

And let's be real, that shit happens a lot these days with dirty cops filing false reports, placing guns, etc. in order to cover for their questionable actions.

You have to watch the ESPN documentary though before you slam my opinions. In the documentary they discuss details on how evidence was mishandled and how Furman admittedly had a disdain for blacks and Mexicans. So once you see all that and plus get the complete background on decades long black distrust of the LAPD, you'll be able to see why they were able to create reasonable doubt.
I got you now. My bad for jumping to conclusions. BFFs still?

1bigfan13

Staff member
Any Orange is the New Black fans in here? I watched episode 1 the other day. It was alright. Nothing special.

I'll probably push through this season over the next month then call it quits on the series. I think they've taken the series far enough.

Cotton

Staff member
Any Orange is the New Black fans in here? I watched episode 1 the other day. It was alright. Nothing special.

I'll probably push through this season over the next month then call it quits on the series. I think they've taken the series far enough.
Yeah, we watch it. It's pretty good. I didn't think I would like it when hearing about the premise, but it's pretty damn good.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Are you talking about the new season?

I do think the seasons have gone downhill with each season. I think I'm halfway through the latest season and will probably finish it just because I started it. Will probably be my last season.

dallen

Senior Tech

I started it. Lost interest about halfway through the first season

1bigfan13

Staff member
Are you talking about the new season?

I do think the seasons have gone downhill with each season. I think I'm halfway through the latest season and will probably finish it just because I started it. Will probably be my last season.
Yeah I'm talking about this latest season.....season 4. I think you're absolutely right about it going downhill after each season. Which is why this season will be my last.

Cotton

Staff member
Yeah I'm talking about this latest season.....season 4. I think you're absolutely right about it going downhill after each season. Which is why this season will be my last.
Oh, I thought you meant you were watching from the beginning. The show has definitely fallen off, but it was really good when it started.

Jiggyfly

Banned
That is the same thing that happened with Weeds by the same creator.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Just finished the 3rd episode of the O.J. doc.

Why are all these niggers in Brentwood? O.J. was a real piece of work.:lol

Marcia Clark was and is clueless. "Black women love me":lol

Mark Furhman "it is what it is":picard

1bigfan13

Staff member
Just finished the 3rd episode of the O.J. doc.

Why are all these niggers in Brentwood? O.J. was a real piece of work.:lol

Marcia Clark was and is clueless. "Black women love me":lol

Mark Furhman "it is what it is":picard

You know, if blacks knew what OJ was really like, I don't think he'd have received much support.

He'd have been labeled a sellout and left to fend for himself.

Jiggyfly

Banned
You know, if blacks knew what OJ was really like, I don't think he'd have received much support.

He'd have been labeled a sellout and left to fend for himself.
Liked they said in 4th episode he was a symbol more than anything.

Watched the 4th episode and there was definitely some hinky stuff going on with the blood evidence.

Poor Darden, why the hell would he have him try on those gloves.

And then his weak attempts at trying to explain why they did not fit.:lol

After Furhman started pleading the 5th that was all the reasonable doubt that was needed.

D

Deuce

So Showtime is cleaning house. House of Lies and Penny Dreadful both have been announced that this last season was their last and they said next season of Episodes will be its last. All 3 are great and even though they still have a good lineup, it'll hurt them.

Roadies has potential, though.

Jiggyfly

Banned
So.

I just finished binging the last 2 and a half seasons of Dexter I missed.

Season 6 ended ok.

Season 7 was ok but wasted some great characters.

Season 8 was WTF am I watching, The writers went from suspension of disbelief to not even trying to make sense anymore.

And the ending, I heard it was bad and actually never had it spoiled, I have no clue what they were going for.

Just terrible writing.:picard

But I am glad I actually finished it.

Top Bottom