Jerry Gets Inducted Thread

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I don't think he's a genuinely nice guy. I think at times he is -- I've personally seen him be generous with fans -- but I think he has a pretty bad side, too.

I think he's just gotten a lot better at covering it up. Plus the natural mellowing process that happens when you reach old age.
I think many if not most people have some asshole in them even when they're generally pretty nice, I know I'm that way. Outwardly, most people around here think I'm just a great guy but if you cross me/piss me off, I can be the nastiest SOB you'll ever meet. I just learned to manage my temper better as I got older and I have a volatile temper when it rears its head. Over the years, the people I live around learned to steer clear of me if I have a certain look on my face so they know it by now. I've always said that I can be the one of nicest, most generous people you'll ever meet but that isn't 100% of the time.

Plus, I think you have to be a little cutthroat to succeed in business, no matter what business you're in. The saying goes "Nice guys finish last." That's probably true a good part of the time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think he's a genuinely nice guy. I think at times he is -- I've personally seen him be generous with fans -- but I think he has a pretty bad side, too.

I think he's just gotten a lot better at covering it up. Plus the natural mellowing process that happens when you reach old age.
I think he is a pretty nice person to other human beings. I think he also has a deep desire to be the center of attention and have everyone love him.

On the flip side I also have no doubt that he loves him some dirty girls and getting shit faced. But if that makes him a bad man there may be more than a few on this board who are as well.

townsend

Banned
It's a big part of it for sure.

In very few other fields do the key people you succeeded with lose their ability to perform as rapidly as in pro football.

It runs contrary to the normal rules for befriending and retaining key talent.
Jerry's a salesman at heart too, so I think building and maintiaining a rolodex has always been more important to him than building an elite organization.

This is why a lot of his successes are on the revenue side of the organization.

townsend

Banned
I think he is a pretty nice person to other human beings. I think he also has a deep desire to be the center of attention and have everyone love him.

On the flip side I also have no doubt that he loves him some dirty girls and getting shit faced. But if that makes him a bad man there may be more than a few on this board who are as well.
Add a billion dollars to any of our bank balances and I think we would find ourselves agreeing with Jerry Jones on many of his "immoral" decisions.

Hoffa

DCC 4Life

Something about Jerry Jr. has always seemed off to me. I think it's in the eyes. It just seems like he's always one bad day away from being pushed over the edge and going on a murderous rampage. Maybe it's the fact that he was born after Stephen and is lower on the totem pole.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Add a billion dollars to any of our bank balances and I think we would find ourselves agreeing with Jerry Jones on many of his "immoral" decisions.
Shoot, toss a million in my bank account and people will find out I'm no saint real fast. At no level is the NFL a place to be canonized by society.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Jones can be whoever he wants to be. His tendencies have primarily been loyal to some even to a fault while making sure everyone knows who is boss and calls the shots. That also to a fault. Jones appreciates loyalty but he will always stack the deck to be the one who is in the center of any activity. He is highly intelligent in the business side of things but over confident in his decisions.

Don't expect him to change and now that he has reached this plateau he may get back to some of his old ways of team involvement. If Garrett doesnt produce a winning team with playoff success Jones may reinsert himself in the team management chair. Barring health barriers of course.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
If only we could swap out one letter.

The Jerry Gets Indicted Thread. Oh what could be!

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Fairly certain the guy barely does anything football-related anymore and just sticks to the business side of things, which is how it should've been for the last 20 years. I'll always have hatred for him for sabotaging this team for the better part of 20 years but at this point it's water under the bridge unless he goes rogue again and fucks everything up.

The chances of that dwindle with each passing year though as Stephen further consolidates the football decision-making power.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Fairly certain the guy barely does anything football-related anymore and just sticks to the business side of things, which is how it should've been for the last 20 years. I'll always have hatred for him for sabotaging this team for the better part of 20 years but at this point it's water under the bridge unless he goes rogue again and fucks everything up.

The chances of that dwindle with each passing year though as Stephen further consolidates the football decision-making power.
I think Stephen is at least a step up from JJ when it comes to personnel but the jury's still out on that. JJ had so many swings and misses, I can remember doing photoshops of billboards saying Jerry, hire a real GM.

The team, regardless of who is really running the show, has been doing somewhat better when it comes to free agent signings and the draft recently so that's a plus.

townsend

Banned
If only we could swap out one letter.

The Jerry Gets Indicted Thread. Oh what could be!
The only guys that get indicted at Jerry's age are war criminals in hiding that get recognized by a holocaust survivor in the supermarket.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
A thread focused on Jerrah and not a single *lip smack* comment. Slackers!

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The only guys that get indicted at Jerry's age are war criminals in hiding that get recognized by a holocaust survivor in the supermarket.
Even that ship has sailed for WWII at least. Jerry would have had to have been the war criminal's bastard toddler minion.

vince

Not So New Member
$10,000,000 + spent on the after party. Reported by Mike Fisher.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
He's a fucking snake oil salesman. Fuck Jerry Jones.
Thank you. I don't know why I was so gentle in my other post. He's learned to sell himself better lately, that's it. (Notice how he kissed the ass of longtime critic Gosselin in his HOF speech.)

But he's still the same egomaniac who has mismanaged this football team for the last 20+ years.

Top Bottom