Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Sounds like a Trump disparity.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
The middle row up and down is a Bradie Bottle Lock.

midswat

... soon
Like I said, a rather lackluster class. Not a marquee guy amongst the group - even LT is just kind of meh.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Can anyone shut up L.T. ? He will thank this board if someone doesn't shut him up.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What the fuck is wrong with Kurt Warner's wife?

She looked like an extra from a Road Warriors movie.

What the fuck was that?

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Just ran into Eddie Collins, Jerry's longtime jet pilot now retired. He had a bunch of Jerry stories, but one of the coolest was how Jerry bought Superbowl rings for him and several other key staff.

Dude was walking around the cruise ship with the 95 Super Bowl ring on his finger (thing was probably worth $90k). My brother and I ran into him in line for a show, struck up a conversation, and before we know it we and our daughters are taking turns wearing it. The guy was generous, and even sounded like Jerry same voice and Arkansas accent minus the crazy-isms.

Reminder of how cool Jerry is to friends and family, despite his many failings as a football guy.

townsend

Banned
Just ran into Eddie Collins, Jerry's longtime jet pilot now retired. He had a bunch of Jerry stories, but one of the coolest was how Jerry bought Superbowl rings for him and several other key staff.

Dude was walking around the cruise ship with the 95 Super Bowl ring on his finger (thing was probably worth $90k). My brother and I ran into him in line for a show, struck up a conversation, and before we know it we and our daughters are taking turns wearing it. The guy was generous, and even sounded like Jerry same voice and Arkansas accent minus the crazy-isms.

Reminder of how cool Jerry is to friends and family, despite his many failings as a football guy.
I honestly think that's been why he's had a lot of problems as a GM, he's a genuinely nice guy that sees the best in everyone.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I honestly think that's been why he's had a lot of problems as a GM, he's a genuinely nice guy that sees the best in everyone.
It's a big part of it for sure.

In very few other fields do the key people you succeeded with lose their ability to perform as rapidly as in pro football.

It runs contrary to the normal rules for befriending and retaining key talent.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I didn't watch the whole ceremony or hear his speech but despite all the shots I've taken at him over the years, he deserves it. Some bad, some good as a GM but easily one of the best owners in the league. Helluva salesman too, he could sell ice to an eskimo.

Agree that sometimes he was way to patient with some players but he was always willing to give some players second, third and fourth chances before getting fed up. I think I've only seen him lose it on the sidelines on TV maybe once or twice, I think the one time he went off on Quinthy.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
They have Jerrah's speech up at DC.com but once again the feed sucks. The NFL has it up on YouTube though.

midswat

... soon
Hope he can stop being a petty schmuck and induct Jimmy into the ROH now.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I didn't watch the whole ceremony or hear his speech but despite all the shots I've taken at him over the years, he deserves it. Some bad, some good as a GM but easily one of the best owners in the league. Helluva salesman too, he could sell ice to an eskimo.

Agree that sometimes he was way to patient with some players but he was always willing to give some players second, third and fourth chances before getting fed up. I think I've only seen him lose it on the sidelines on TV maybe once or twice, I think the one time he went off on Quinthy.
Like him or not, you can't write the history of the NFL without including Jones. He belongs in the HOF, I only wish he was half as good a GM as Joe Fans think he is.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I don't think he's a genuinely nice guy. I think at times he is -- I've personally seen him be generous with fans -- but I think he has a pretty bad side, too.

I think he's just gotten a lot better at covering it up. Plus the natural mellowing process that happens when you reach old age.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't think he's a genuinely nice guy. I think at times he is -- I've personally seen him be generous with fans -- but I think he has a pretty bad side, too.

I think he's just gotten a lot better at covering it up. Plus the natural mellowing process that happens when you reach old age.
He's a fucking snake oil salesman. Fuck Jerry Jones.

Top Bottom