NBA Chatter Thread

Carp

DCC 4Life
I see Shumpert is going with the Chappelle Prince hairstyle.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
The Cavs have to tighten up the defensive rotations. They are giving the Warriors shooters too many clean looks from deep.

I'm also surprised to see that they're trying to pound the Warriors inside. It's not working though because Warriors are defending the rim very well.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The only team that has a chance against them is OKC...Durant should be back...if I am OKC I pour some resources into a legit back up PG. Livingston gives the Warriors an advantage.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Cleveland looks like a team that cakewalked through some joke competition and hasn't been able to adjust their play to this level of competition.

Golden State is likely the better team but not by this margin. I mean, Cleveland gave them a much tougher series last year and that was without Irving and Love, although it may be that Lue's more up tempo style made them look more dominant against the shit teams but they can't stand up to Golden State who plays the same style, just better.

Maybe Blatt's slower, defensive style was the only chance they had against Golden State.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Cleveland struggled all season against the elite teams of the west. That's why it's no surprise that they look so outmatched in this series.

As a neutral, I was hoping that the way they steamrolled through the playoffs would give them an edge that would carry over into the finals, but that obviously did not happen.

As Simp pointed out, it was more a byproduct of them facing a bunch of weak teams.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Cleveland looks like a team that cakewalked through some joke competition and hasn't been able to adjust their play to this level of competition.

Golden State is likely the better team but not by this margin. I mean, Cleveland gave them a much tougher series last year and that was without Irving and Love, although it may be that Lue's more up tempo style made them look more dominant against the shit teams but they can't stand up to Golden State who plays the same style, just better.

Maybe Blatt's slower, defensive style was the only chance they had against Golden State.
Pretty much. They remind me of Peyton Manning and the Colts in that both organizations benefit greatly from playing in a watered down division/conference. And as soon as they face a tough opponent who has legit talent they crumble more often than not.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Cleveland struggled all season against the elite teams of the west. That's why it's no surprise that they look so outmatched in this series.

As a neutral, I was hoping that the way they steamrolled through the playoffs would give them an edge that would carry over into the finals, but that obviously did not happen.

As Simp pointed out, it was more a byproduct of them facing a bunch of weak teams.
Which is why I was dumbfounded that many national pundits were still picking them to beat the Warriors.

As an aside, how bad does that Kevin Love for Wiggins trade look now. Wiggins would provide them the wing defender that they desperately need against the Warriors. Plus he's a more dynamic playmaker than Love.

That's what happens when you let Lebron build the roster. The Cavs should have learned their lesson from their first go-round with Lebron. He's the one who was picking and choosing players that he wanted to play with.

He tried to pull the same stunt in Miami with a few players and with Spoelstra but Riley pretty much told him to stay in his lane.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Which is why I was dumbfounded that many national pundits were still picking them to beat the Warriors.

As an aside, how bad does that Kevin Love for Wiggins trade look now. Wiggins would provide them the wing defender that they desperately need against the Warriors. Plus he's a more dynamic playmaker than Love.

That's what happens when you let Lebron build the roster. The Cavs should have learned their lesson from their first go-round with Lebron. He's the one who was picking and choosing players that he wanted to play with.

He tried to pull the same stunt in Miami with a few players and with Spoelstra but Riley pretty much told him to stay in his lane.
What he did in going back to Cleveland was astoundingly transparent. He decided that he had a better chance of extending his championship window by trading in Wade for Irving and Bosh for Love, when they traded for Love I'm 100% sure it was just LeBron trying to recreate what he had in Miami with Love as his version of Bosh as the stretch 4. The big difference is that Bosh is 1-2 inches taller, more athletic, longer and a better defender.

If Bosh hadn't had the heart issues I think he would've had a better shot at winning it all with Wade/Bosh at their advanced ages than Irving/Love who both suck defensively and generally don't play with much heart or toughness. Hell, it took Wade forcing LeBron to sack up after they lost to Dallas for that team to finally gain some toughness in the first place.

All in all, it would be true justice if LeBron ends up never winning a title in Cleveland after all the nonsense he's pulled. And let's not act for a minute like he went back to Cleveland out of the goodness of his heart. There is a 0.0% chance that he would've went back if the Cavs didn't have Irving and the Wiggins asset.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What he did in going back to Cleveland was astoundingly transparent. He decided that he had a better chance of extending his championship window by trading in Wade for Irving and Bosh for Love, when they traded for Love I'm 100% sure it was just LeBron trying to recreate what he had in Miami with Love as his version of Bosh as the stretch 4. The big difference is that Bosh is 1-2 inches taller, more athletic, longer and a better defender.

If Bosh hadn't had the heart issues I think he would've had a better shot at winning it all with Wade/Bosh at their advanced ages than Irving/Love who both suck defensively and generally don't play with much heart or toughness. Hell, it took Wade forcing LeBron to sack up after they lost to Dallas for that team to finally gain some toughness in the first place.

All in all, it would be true justice if LeBron ends up never winning a title in Cleveland after all the nonsense he's pulled. And let's not act for a minute like he went back to Cleveland out of the goodness of his heart. There is a 0.0% chance that he would've went back if the Cavs didn't have Irving and the Wiggins asset.
You're absolutely right about their lack of toughness. "Toughness" is the key component that the Cavs are missing.

The Warriors are flat out bullying them and outworking them and it's shocking because given the history between the two teams, conventional wisdom would suggest that the Cavs should be the team who's playing harder and with a chip on their shoulder. But clearly that hasn't been the case.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You're absolutely right about their lack of toughness. "Toughness" is the key component that the Cavs are missing.

The Warriors are flat out bullying them and outworking them and it's shocking because given the history between the two teams, conventional wisdom would suggest that the Cavs should be the team who's playing harder and with a chip on their shoulder. But clearly that hasn't been the case.
GS has played with a chip on their shoulder as well because they don't like that whole "We weren't at full strength" thing.

They're out to prove that they would've beaten them anyway.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yea I mean I hate LeBron but I also kind of hate all of the Warriors except for probably Thompson and maybe Livingston or Ezeli.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What's with the Steph Curry hate? I can see how a guy like Draymond Green would get under your skin but Curry's pretty harmless, IMO.

He trash talks and showboats but many of the game's greats have done the exact same thing. I like that he and others display their personality.

I'd hate it if the NBA were like MLB where you get shouted down and chastised just for showing a little emotion.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's with the Steph Curry hate? I can see how a guy like Draymond Green would get under your skin but Curry's pretty harmless, IMO.

He trash talks and showboats but many of the game's greats have done the exact same thing. I like that he and others display their personality.

I'd hate it if the NBA were like MLB where you get shouted down and chastised just for showing a little emotion.
Yeah I think Curry's great. Not sure why anyome would hate him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

Eh, Curry is ok too, Draymond is the one I really hate along with most of their role players who prance around like they're All Stars.

I'm still trying to figure out if Curry is playing at 70% or not though, maybe he's up to 75% now?

Jiggyfly

Banned
To Get Jimmy Butler, The 'Wolves Are Reportedly Willing To Part With The No. 5 Pick
Woven By johnwilmeswords
8 hours ago


Tom Thibodeau certainly does. Butler’s former coach with the Chicago Bulls, and current ‘Wolves coach and team president, is apparently interested in bringing the workaholic All-Star to his new roster, with ESPN’s Marc Stein reporting that Minnesota would be willing to part with the No. 5 overall pick to get Butler back.

The Bulls’ own view on Butler this summer is not entirely clear. While they are among the most trade-averse teams in the league, overall, they are at a strange crossroads after a wildly disappointing season and general manager Gar Forman has said that all options are on the table. Despite this, it will probably take much more than just the No. 5 pick to get Butler out of Chicago, especially with Thibodeau — a man who the organization shares known bitterness with — making the offers. Expect the Bulls to try prying Andrew Wiggins or Karl-Anthony Towns from them, if discussions even get that far.

Joakim Noah and Pau Gasol are free agents this summer, and there’s a good chance both leave Chicago. The reset button has to be an option for the Bulls, but even then, wouldn’t the young and hard-working Butler be a sensible person to start over with? The team signaled their desire to continue working with him when they made him their Draft Lottery representative in May; perhaps a hollow gesture, perhaps not. Stay posted for more as this story develops.

(ESPN)

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Thibs would be dumb as hell to give up Towns.
They aren't giving up Towns for anything, I'd take Wiggins and 5 though.

As for the Finals, this fucking guy Draymond really has a problem in his head. He wants to act like some big bad tough guy yet he's tapping dude's balls every 4th game, he's really just a bitch. He's lucky he's playing in a pussified version of the league, if it was about 1994 this dude would've gotten his ass beat by now doing this nonsense.

D

Deuce

They aren't giving up Towns for anything, I'd take Wiggins and 5 though.

As for the Finals, this fucking guy Draymond really has a problem in his head. He wants to act like some big bad tough guy yet he's tapping dude's balls every 4th game, he's really just a bitch. He's lucky he's playing in a pussified version of the league, if it was about 1994 this dude would've gotten his ass beat by now doing this nonsense.
Ya, pull that shit on Laimbeer or Charles Oakley and your life ends.

Top Bottom