Hall Of Fame Game Stuff...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Simpler answer that actually comports with the facts: that field is a joke and was so bad last year they cancelled the game. Why would they play a guy coming off of a major injury on that field?
Agreed, so he's not ready, unlike all the players playing who will be.

Doesn't get any simpler.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Agreed, so he's not ready, unlike all the players playing who will be.

Doesn't get any simpler.
He is being viewed as a starter. So, it would make much more sense to lump him with every. single. every. other starter that isn't playing.

Or, you can continue this stupidity. Up to you.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He is being viewed as a starter. So, it would make much more sense to lump him with every. single. every. other starter that isn't playing.

Or, you can continue this stupidity. Up to you.
Good lord, so now he's our starting MLB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Good lord, so now he's our starting MLB.
He is being treated as such, yeah. The fact that you don't see that illustrates your narrative.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He is being treated as such, yeah. The fact that you don't see that illustrates your narrative.
He's not a starter. We don't even know when he'll play, let alone figure out the pro game well enough to start.

They all wish he will one day start, but it's not happening yet. Starters get the majority of snaps. Starters have actually tackled players, not just tackling dummies.

No, my anxious friend, Jaylon is being treated like an injured high draft pick. He is being given all the time he needs to recover.

But the clock is ticking and they do need to see him on the field. Any field, and this would have been the perfect opportunity...

Except he's not ready yet.

Hence my earlier post.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I disagree with Ravi on most of his Jaylon Smith takes but it is true that he's not a starter.... yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He's not a starter but I suspect that he will play 10-15 snaps in the next preseason game, if he doesn't then the claims that he's being treated differently will be true.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I'm seriously tempering expectations with Smith because his injury was very serious.

That's all.

I mean, he's only recently been able to move his toes again, and we're talking about him competing with other professional prospects who are perfectly healthy.

This vein of homerism is being mined too strongly at the moment.

We all want the defense to improve, but it sounds like some people have Smith penciled in as a day one starter when he hasn't even tackled anyone yet.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I'm seriously tempering expectations with Smith because his injury was very serious.

That's all.

I mean, he's only recently been able to move his toes again, and we're talking about him competing with other professional prospects who are perfectly healthy.

This vein of homerism is being mined too strongly at the moment.

We all want the defense to improve, but it sounds like some people have Smith penciled in as a day one starter when he hasn't even tackled anyone yet.
Lee and Hitchens will be the primary LB's with Smith, Durant and presumably Wilson rotating in, I think that's pretty clear. We've also been using Awuzie as a quasi-LB in dime packages so we may only have 1 LB on the field maybe 10-15% of the time.

I don't think anybody expects him to start and play 80% of the snaps but I think it's fair to expect him to be on the field somewhere around 25-35% of the time early on with a growing role if everything goes smooth.

Top Bottom