Hall Of Fame Game Stuff...

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Don't expect to see starters or key reserves much for us either.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Don't expect to see starters or key reserves much for us either.
Have you heard what our will look like? Usually you wouldn't play a star QB or RB in a game like this but considering ours are both only second year players I wasn't sure if they would play. I sure as shit wouldn't have Dez or Tyron out on the field.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Have you heard what our will look like? Usually you wouldn't play a star QB or RB in a game like this but considering ours are both only second year players I wasn't sure if they would play. I sure as shit wouldn't have Dez or Tyron out on the field.
Usually when one coach comes out and puts it out there like Arians has done, the opposing coach follows suit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Moore starting and handing off to McFadden.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Usually when one coach comes out and puts it out there like Arians has done, the opposing coach follows suit.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Moore starting and handing off to McFadden.
If Cleary is playing LT I'd sure as shit prefer Dak to not play. That guy is a joke. I'm ok with most of the starting defense playing though. I mean there are so many new bodies over there that the only guy I'd worry about protecting is Sean Lee. Everyone else can play in my opinion.

On offense I'd go with mostly backups to start. Maybe let a guy like Collins get out there at RT and get some live reps at the position.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I hope they don't play Jaylon. He needs to be eased in. Don't want a setback

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I'm sure no starters will play. Zero chance Dak does.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope they don't play Jaylon. He needs to be eased in. Don't want a setback
That's why he should play but on a small snap count. But Jerry has already basically said he won't play at all.

peplaw06

Brand New Member
What better time to ease Jaylon in than in a meaningless pre-season game when no starters will be playing for the other team?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
That's why he should play but on a small snap count. But Jerry has already basically said he won't play at all.
The problem with the theory is that you don't realize the other guys on that field are going to be brining every they got to make an impression. You see a fair amount of reckless play in these type of games. In practice, Jaylon isn't seeing guys trying to run his ass over.

Rather not at this point. Bring him along slowly. He seems to be looking pretty good.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The problem with the theory is that you don't realize the other guys on that field are going to be brining every they got to make an impression. You see a fair amount of reckless play in these type of games. In practice, Jaylon isn't seeing guys trying to run his ass over.

Rather not at this point. Bring him along slowly. He seems to be looking pretty good.
So do you not play him at all in preseason? According to your logic you wouldn't. What makes the start of the season less dangerous than a game against slugs?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What better time to ease Jaylon in than in a meaningless pre-season game when no starters will be playing for the other team?
Exactly. The guy needs a test to see if he is making the progress he thinks he is. How better to build a positive mental outlook. It would relieve him of some anxiety that he is bound to have presently.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't play Jaylon at all until he's given the all clear for full contact with pads. Wasn't it established a little while ago the he was still 6-8 weeks out from being able to do so? I want to see him in actual game action as much as anyone but they've invested a lot of time and money in him, maybe as much as any second round pick I can remember.

Besides, you know there will be some scrub from another team trying to make a name for himself gunning for him.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I wouldn't play Jaylon at all until he's given the all clear for full contact with pads. Wasn't it established a little while ago the he was still 6-8 weeks out from being able to do so? I want to see him in actual game action as much as anyone but they've invested a lot of time and money in him, maybe as much as any second round pick I can remember.

Besides, you know there will be some scrub from another team trying to make a name for himself gunning for him.
He has been practicing in pads already.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah where have you been? Hiding under a rock?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Simple answer: he's not ready.
Simpler answer that actually comports with the facts: that field is a joke and was so bad last year they cancelled the game. Why would they play a guy coming off of a major injury on that field?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Simpler answer that actually comports with the facts: that field is a joke and was so bad last year they cancelled the game. Why would they play a guy coming off of a major injury on that field?
They have a new stadium. That was old Fawcett Field.

Top Bottom