A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Not everyone is interested in the opposite sex. A homosexual being inappropriate would be just as disruptive as a trans person.
I'm not talking about that. What about everyone else that has to shower there?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I really don't know what age transgenders start, but I'm guessing you're not scared of your teenage son/daughter seeing a teenage vagina/dick... You do have the internets right?
And remember it is rude to stare...

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
It's more complicated than that though, as chief executive of the United States he has control over the dept of education. Admittedly that wasn't the original layout of the constitution, but it's not exactly a new precedent.
But, even in that vain he does not have the ability to issue a proclamation that creates law. And While all the articles are claiming this was just advice or recommendation in the form of "Dear John Letter" which basically means an advisory note, Those are not normally signed by someone from justice and carry the threat of the loss of federal funding. So he is essentially creating law by force of threat instead of congress passing a law. So yes, it is precedent and will also be challenged in court.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
He was saying a person should not be allowed into the womens unless they had the surgery and the laws being enacted would not allow for that.

So he is actually against the law that is being pushed.
No sir. What I said was that a man is a man unless and until he has himself altered and becomes a she. Not that difficult to understand.

fortsbest

DCC 4Life
By the way, according to Phil's proclamation, it is official that the Cowboys will win the SB. Mission accomplished MFers!!!!!!!!!

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I don't know about all that. Personally I don't dig any of this school stuff that's been added to the equation. I think being trans should have to be an adult decision where someone over 18 should have to go through the process of screening by psychologists and the legal process of changing their driver's license. It should be at least as complicated as a legal name change, not something a 15 year old should be able to do for attention.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I don't know about all that. Personally I don't dig any of this school stuff that's been added to the equation. I think being trans should have to be an adult decision where someone over 18 should have to go through the process of screening by psychologists and the legal process of changing their driver's license. It should be at least as complicated as a legal name change, not something a 15 year old should be able to do for attention.
Certainly agree with this. Screening would keep a lot of would be peekers out of the process especially young thrill seekers.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Certainly agree with this. Screening would keep a lot of would be peekers out of the process especially young thrill seekers.
I think a lot of people are willing to give some space to the very male looking trans who went TFM and the female looking trans who went MTF. I think the difference is in how easy we think something should be that is very serious and needs to be taken seriously.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I would absolutely agree with this.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
So find a biased sex psychologist, make some laws and then regulate it from the government by giving it the government deal of approval? Geez man that sounds like a disaster. More government intrusion and power into the personal lives of trans people and more government telling everyone else how to believe.

Cotton

Staff member
So find a biased sex psychologist, make some laws and then regulate it from the government by giving it the government deal of approval? Geez man that sounds like a disaster. More government intrusion and power into the personal lives of trans people and more government telling everyone else how to believe.
You think a 15 year old should get to make the decision to get his dick cut off?

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You think a 15 year old should get to make the decision to get his dick cut off?
Not at all. I'm too tired and currently out of passion for this topic. I'd share my position but then I'd have to be willing to defend it, so I'll just walk on by for now.

Cotton

Staff member
Not at all. I'm too tired and currently out of passion for this topic. I'd share my position but then I'd have to be willing to defend it, so I'll just walk on by for now.
I have a better exercise for you. Get in the test thread and let's drop a riff.

townsend

Banned
I think we need to seriously look into doing away with a lot of the communal bathing etc, if we're that afraid of "peekers" after all men can be attracted to men and women can be attracted to women.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I think we need to seriously look into doing away with a lot of the communal bathing etc, if we're that afraid of "peekers" after all men can be attracted to men and women can be attracted to women.
I did say that.

townsend

Banned
I did say that.
Well it bears repeating. I guess kids are still expected to shower together in school when they're taking part in some form of gym or scholastic sports, but I'm not sure why we're so comfortable with that. I don't think many adults would be comfortable showering with a bunch of other adults, even if they were all the same gender.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Skid if you had one fucking ball you would have come to my house and offered to fight instead of talking like the born piece of shit you are.

Top Bottom