MLB Chatter Thread

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Fredi Gonzales got scapegoat fired by the Braves. I'm not sure what management was expecting from this year's squad.

They completely gutted the team of the little major league talent that we had on hand.

D

Deuce

Fredi Gonzales got scapegoat fired by the Braves. I'm not sure what management was expecting from this year's squad.

They completely gutted the team of the little major league talent that we had on hand.
You mean like BJ Upton?

~snicker~

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You mean like BJ Upton?

~snicker~
You know what's sad is we had to give away Kimbrel just to get rid of Upton's horrendous contract.

Piss poor management. That's why Frank Wren was shown the door in 2014.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

D

Deuce

No Bautista or Gibbons tonight. We might have a complain free game.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I like Iamtdg suggestion of moving Dyson into that role. That may or may not have something to do with the fact that he is on my fantasy baseball team. :unsure
You may get your wish. Even though Banister says he doesn't want to make a "reactionary" decision after last nights blown save you have to know it's coming. Can't keep trotting him out there in this role with as bad as he has been.

Did somebody pick up Bush? Banister said they weren't going to baby him and he has pitched brilliantly so far. Its only 3 appearances but it's been twice against the top of Toronto's order.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
You may get your wish. Even though Banister says he doesn't want to make a "reactionary" decision after last nights blown save you have to know it's coming. Can't keep trotting him out there in this role with as bad as he has been.

Did somebody pick up Bush? Banister said they weren't going to baby him and he has pitched brilliantly so far. Its only 3 appearances but it's been twice against the top of Toronto's order.
Dyson has been great. My league uses Holds and he has racked up 10 of those plus 2 Saves and good ERA/WHIP. His K rate is pretty weak for a relief pitcher but that hasn't been an issue for him. Seems like the next in line and it would be a bonus if he moves into the closer role.

No one has picked up Bush no one probably will unless he gets the closer role or starts getting a lot of Holds. There are a lot of guys who get Holds so unless he has awesome ratios and Ks to go with Holds he won't hold much value as a setup guy.

Cotton

Staff member
Dyson has been great. My league uses Holds and he has racked up 10 of those plus 2 Saves and good ERA/WHIP. His K rate is pretty weak for a relief pitcher but that hasn't been an issue for him. Seems like the next in line and it would be a bonus if he moves into the closer role.

No one has picked up Bush no one probably will unless he gets the closer role or starts getting a lot of Holds. There are a lot of guys who get Holds so unless he has awesome ratios and Ks to go with Holds he won't hold much value as a setup guy.
He's a blazer, so I could see him piling up K numbers. It's looking like he will be used as a late reliever, so his hold numbers should be decent as well.

Cotton

Staff member

So damn frustrating.

Rev

Staff member
Its official. Tolleson is not in the closer role.

Cotton

Staff member
:fistpump

(assuming it is Dyson that gets the role)
I hope it is. It's either him or Diekman, and I just think Dyson would make the better closer. There are some in the media that disagree, but that's just how I see it with my uneducated eyes.

Cotton

Staff member
105.3 The Fan is sending the Blue Jays a present. It's just a big piece of paper that all of the staff wrote things like RIP and such on it. One of the comments was, "Bautista, you should have used some of your tampons to absorb the punch." :lol

Cotton

Staff member

:towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
105.3 The Fan is sending the Blue Jays a present. It's just a big piece of paper that all of the staff wrote things like RIP and such on it. One of the comments was, "Bautista, you should have used some of your tampons to absorb the punch." :lol
And they still can go scoreboard.:lol

I guess you take any solace anywhere you can get it.

Rev

Staff member
New retractable roof stadium in the plans for the Rangers. Should have done it to begin with but better late than never.

Top Bottom