Tamba Hali angry at lack of playing time in the playoffs

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Tamba Hali angry at lack of playing time in the playoffs

Posted by Michael David Smith on July 22, 2017, 3:57 PM EDT

In the Chiefs’ playoff loss to the Steelers, defensive end Tamba Hali barely played: His seven snaps against Pittsburgh were by far his fewest in any game of the 2016 season.

Anger at that lack of playing time has apparently been simmering all offseason, and today Hali went off. In a series of tweets, Hali questioned why he didn’t play more and asked if the Chiefs even want him anymore.

“Fans should know this. Only played 7 snaps last year 2017 playoff game against the Steelers,” Hali wrote. “Am I needed in KC anymore?”

Hali said he always wants to give it all for his team and is frustrated that the team wouldn’t let him.

“I’ve played through all my injuries I’ve acquire throughout my careers not sitting out because I did not feel I wouldn’t be at my best,” Hali said. “I play because I love the game and did it under some of the worst conditions.”

The 33-year-old Hali said he was ready to play in the playoffs, comes to work ready every day, and wants to be a valuable member of the team.

“I was healthy last year and the year before. I had a scope not a major procedure. The result of playing for a long time,” Hali wrote. “I haven’t missed any off-season workouts in 11 years w/the Chiefs. I’ve played in every game except four in my 11 year career with Chiefs.”

Hali wasn’t pleased with the playoff loss, wasn’t pleased when the Chiefs fired General Manager John Dorsey last month, and isn’t pleased now. With training camp about to open, the Chiefs have some issues with a star player.
------------

If anyone caught his rant on Twitter, it was pretty epic. He is definitely pissed and it should be interesting to see how the Chiefs react.

Yeah, I know he is 33 years old, but if I am the Cowboys, I am calling the Chiefs right away and taking them off their hands.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
For like a conditional 7th? Seems to be a player on the decline.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Yeah he's in major decline.

6.5 sacks in 2015 and 3.5 in 2016. Now 33 years old.

I'd have near zero interest.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
For like a conditional 7th? Seems to be a player on the decline.
I would even go as high as a 4th or 5th. We gave up a 5th just to rent Matt Cassell for less than a year.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Yeah he's in major decline.

6.5 sacks in 2015 and 3.5 in 2016. Now 33 years old.

I'd have near zero interest.
Those sack numbers would have led or been in third place on this sorry ass defensive line over the last couple of years.

We have absolute trash on this line right now. Lawrence isn't even going to be able to play as soon as we start practicing in camp.

To me, Hali is no different than a player like Freeney was for the Falcons. They may not be playing at previous levels, but that is a lot better than what we already have. I don't care how much younger they are.

data

Forbes #1
This is a perfect spot to drop some Spagnola-isms.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We have absolute trash on this line right now. Lawrence isn't even going to be able to play as soon as we start practicing in camp.

To me, Hali is no different than a player like Freeney was for the Falcons. They may not be playing at previous levels, but that is a lot better than what we already have. I don't care how much younger they are.
Lawrence, Mayowa, Crawford, Paea-- all injured.

An opportunity for Charlton to start. Collins is my lone hope. He should cement the 3T starting job and not let go for years to come.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I definitely think there is a benefit to him playing here for us. Moving back to the 43 would help him...our DL would benefit playing with a vet, and his presence here would take pressure off of Charlton.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I would even go as high as a 4th or 5th. We gave up a 5th just to rent Matt Cassell for less than a year.
Just because they were stupid to give up a 5th for Cassell doesn't excuse them for going full retard. A fucking 4th for Tamba Hali? You've lost your God damned mind.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just because they were stupid to give up a 5th for Cassell doesn't excuse them for going full retard. A fucking 4th for Tamba Hali? You've lost your God damned mind.
Yeah that's retarded. I'm ok bringing Hali in but it's as a situational pass rusher for maybe a year or two. You pay a sixth or seventh for not. Not a fourth or fifth. And the Cassell fuck up doesn't justify another fuck up.

Top Bottom