Williams: David Irving a no-show as Cowboys report

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
David Irving a no-show as Cowboys report

Posted by Charean Williams on July 21, 2017, 7:26 PM EDT

Defensive lineman David Irving was a no-show as the Cowboys reported to training camp Friday, sources confirmed. ESPN’s Todd Archer first reported Irving’s unexcused absence.

The Cowboys held a conditioning run and physicals at their training complex in Frisco, a day before leaving for Oxnard, Calif.

Receiver Dez Bryant arrived late, and the Cowboys are expected to fine him. Irving, though, is subject to a $40,000 fine for missing the reporting date, according to the NFL’s collective bargaining agreement.

Last month, the NFL suspended Irving for the first four games for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing drugs. He had four sacks and four forced fumbles last season and was expected to play a big role as a pass-rusher this season.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
still waiting to see signs of the "culture change" we've heard so much about

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
still waiting to see signs of the "culture change" we've heard so much about
Still waiting for our stupid players to actually act like they have a fucking clue.

It is bad.

I get that Garrett is getting the shit for it, but I think we like to collect stupid players.

midswat

... soon
You two clearly don't see what's being built here.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
This, Dez's late arrival, and all the other off-field incidents are the early signs of another let down season.

I'm not even going to entertain the idea of making the playoffs. I think we'll finish up hovering around .500. Yoyoing from year to year is the Cowboys M.O.

Hopefully another down season will be enough to make Jerry at least consider a coaching change.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jesus H. Christ on a unicycle.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
"Why bust my ass at training camp if I have to sit out the first four games?" that's probably what he's thinking. if this is about a raise, go fuck yourself.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
"Why bust my ass at training camp if I have to sit out the first four games?" that's probably what he's thinking. if this is about a raise, go fuck yourself.
I think the early training camp probably turns players off a little. Sort of like why am I working while all my coworkers are relaxing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Any word on what's going on with Irving? He was our best d-lineman last year.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:picard

Just about every team has their share of knuckleheads but Dallas seems to be the leader of the pack. I don't even know if you can blame Garrett for it because it's an issue that predates him being brought back to coach.

midswat

... soon

Just about every team has their share of knuckleheads but Dallas seems to be the leader of the pack. I don't even know if you can blame Garrett for it because it's an issue that predates him being brought back to coach.
But I thought he changed the culture??

:shrug

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Teams usually have a few guys not show up because of contracts or some other shit. It's pretty common in the NFL. Revis when he was with the Patriots got sent home for showing up late the first day before.

vince

Not So New Member
Teams usually have a few guys not show up because of contracts or some other shit. It's pretty common in the NFL. Revis when he was with the Patriots got sent home for showing up late the first day before.
Should we have sent Dez home?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Should we have sent Dez home?
My understanding is that's what the Patriots do any time a player shows up late. I mean he was able to come back the next day. It's just a way to sort of make a point with players. I'm ok with the 5 figure fine that Dez and Irving will receive.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
My understanding is that's what the Patriots do any time a player shows up late. I mean he was able to come back the next day. It's just a way to sort of make a point with players. I'm ok with the 5 figure fine that Dez and Irving will receive.
1) true
2) never compare the two organizations in the same breath

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
1) true
2) never compare the two organizations in the same breath
Eh, if only the rest of the NFL would have been smart enough to draft Tom Brady. The Patriots aren't special, they just won the lottery that year.

Top Bottom