NFL analyst predicts Taco Charlton to be Defensive Rookie of the Year

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Awuzie is better and should be on the field more given his versatility to play safety or CB, as well as his size to play outside CB. If someone makes it I think it's him.
Yeah, I think he'll be a starter before long at one position or another. I would hope so, since he was a second round pick. I've always been in the camp that guys picked in the first and second round should be immediate contributors in some way, shape or form.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, he was a helluva player early in his career. Then later on he tried to tackle just by throwing a shoulder at someone instead of wrapping up. Big hits, INTs, safety blitzes, he could do it all.

Wasn't it a running joke that he became pussified after getting married or finding religion, something like that?
After he started dating one of the girls that was in Beyonce's group.

midswat

... soon
After he started dating one of the girls that was in Beyonce's group.
That plus the crackdown on big hits and his horse collar tackles.

Plus I think that MNF game where Santana Moss burned him and Aaron Glenn twice in the final minutes robbed him of all his confidence as far as coverage. After that, every game featured him getting burned deep and him with his palms up, looking at someone else to blame.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Nimble guys like Cooley and Shockey wore him out towards the end. At least he broke TO's leg.

townsend

Banned

Plus I think that MNF game where Santana Moss burned him and Aaron Glenn twice in the final minutes robbed him of all his confidence as far as coverage. After that, every game featured him getting burned deep and him with his palms up, looking at someone else to blame.
Roy's game winner against the Eagles on the road in 2005 is still one of my favorite Cowboy moments. But I feel like that his very last standout moment.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Awuzie is better and should be on the field more given his versatility to play safety or CB, as well as his size to play outside CB. If someone makes it I think it's him.
I'm a big fan of his as well. I think before the season is over he will be starting in place of Nolan Carroll in the defense. I'm just not sure how long that will take.

I mean long term I want to see Brown and Awuzie on the outside with Lewis in the slot. That's one hell of a group in my opinion. But guys like Scandrick and Carroll will hold them off for a little while.

DLK150

DCC 4Life

Ah yes, the horse collar tackles. Wasn't the one that set the wheels in motion for "The Horse Collar Rule" against TO when he was with the Eagles?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah yes, the horse collar tackles. Wasn't the one that set the wheels in motion for "The Horse Collar Rule" against TO when he was with the Eagles?
Yeah and Roy was the master of those things.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Williams used that technique in college.
Yeah I used to actually like it. Was sort of beastly the way he could rip a guy down with little effort from behind. Stopped guys dead in their tracks from getting even another inch.

Then the rules changed.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Yeah I used to actually like it. Was sort of beastly the way he could rip a guy down with little effort from behind. Stopped guys dead in their tracks from getting even another inch.

Then the rules changed.
He forced the rule change.

Roy hit too hard too often early in his career and it broke down his body.

With Woody playing alongside him to cover his weaknesses he could get away with flying around. Once Woodson retired, Roy was exposed.

Top Bottom