Must See Movies

D

Deuce

There's a good quality one on putlocker now so I watched it again. Black Panther is so much better than I expected him to be.

D

Deuce

E.T. Is on Netflix and I showed it to my 5 year old. He loved it and since it had been 20 years since I saw it, it felt like my first time again too. So damn good.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Civil War was pretty great. They did a great job of incorporating all the new characters and introducing Black Panther. Everyone had their moments and this new Spiderman has me much more interested in what they plan to do with him in his film next year than I expected. Not to mention the new, younger, hot Aunt May.
Agreed on Spiderman. This new kid brings a lot more interest and personality to the role than Andrew Garfield's version.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I roam around the web from time to time to find some under the radar movies...anyways, Uncle John was suggested and it was a slow burn, but really good. Took me a minute, but Taggert from Beverly Hills Cop is the lead character.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
E.T. Is on Netflix and I showed it to my 5 year old. He loved it and since it had been 20 years since I saw it, it felt like my first time again too. So damn good.
At least he is five and didn't take the time to point out how fake the special effects looked. Treasure that.

D

Deuce

At least he is five and didn't take the time to point out how fake the special effects looked. Treasure that.
Not only that, but he got wide eyed and laughed when Elliot called his brother "penis breath".

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Not only that, but he got wide eyed and laughed when Elliot called his brother "penis breath".
:lol

That was like a big deal then.

Now, they say that shit on Nickelodeon shows.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Welcome to Leith on Netflix is a doc about white supremacists infiltrating a tiny North Dakota town. It plays out like an invasion horror movie. Good but scary.

dallen

Senior Tech
I roam around the web from time to time to find some under the radar movies...anyways, Uncle John was suggested and it was a slow burn, but really good. Took me a minute, but Taggert from Beverly Hills Cop is the lead character.
Is that the sequel to Uncle Buck?

dallen

Senior Tech
Another great doc on Netflix is "Finders Keepers". It is about this guy who leaves his amputated leg in a storage locker. This other guy buys the locker and finds the leg, and refuses to give it back. And as insane a premise as that is, the actual story is crazier than it sounds.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I finally watched all of Outlander after switching pass it for years.

Not a bad flick and a nice cast, a little to long but overall well worth a Sunday watch.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lol. You will be hearing that again.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Finally saw the Ultron movie.

They finally gave Iron Man a few decent fight scenes and the action was great overall, I have to put it in my top 3 SH movies.

I did not really like what they did with the Vision, they did not show enough of his phasing powers, Ultron should not have been able to lay a hand on him.

I also thought Ultron was a little to hammy, would have liked a different take on him.

Spader did well for what he was asked to do, but did not like the fit.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Another great doc on Netflix is "Finders Keepers". It is about this guy who leaves his amputated leg in a storage locker. This other guy buys the locker and finds the leg, and refuses to give it back. And as insane a premise as that is, the actual story is crazier than it sounds.

Watched this morning. Props for the recommendation.

Some of the best documentaries are the ones that take a novel little story and dive deep into all the players involved.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Saw Deadpool last night. It was classically decent. Some really good one-liners.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You can start making Birdman jokes again. After initially passing on the role, THR reports that Michael Keaton (Batman, Beetlejuice, The Other Guys) is back in final talks to play the villain in Marvel and Sony's solo Spidey reboot, Spider-Man: Homecoming. Apparently the studios approached several other actors before ultimately returning to Keaton - presumably with a better offer.

There's still no official word on the character he'd portray, but The Vulture is strongly rumored.

Spider-Man: Homecoming will star Tom Holland in the title role, along with Marisa Tomei as unt May, Zendaya as the still unnamed female lead, Tony Revolori, Laura Harrier (also unknown characters) and Robert Downey Jr. as Tony Stark/Iron Man.
---------------------------------------
He has to be Vulture.

Top Bottom