MLB Chatter Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
A closer with an era over 7 now. Tolly Time has to go to the 6th inning and mop up duty.
Yeah, I'm about tired of his shit.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Somebody better post the pic of Odor Clocking Bautista.

I want that picture on my wall.

Cotton

Staff member
Man, that was the most fun I have ever had watching a game. That little bitch, Bautista, got his whiny ass beat. God, that was so much fun. I will scour the internet for a gif of Odor smacking him.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Hes going to get suspended but for me it was worth it.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Astros have been good in almost all areas this year, except never at the same time. Rare moments when the bad starters have looked decent, the hitting falls off. Disappointing.

I am not quite ready to pack it in for the year, but there has to be a reckoning.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Since you're talking fighting in baseball.... I'm surprised batters don't take the bat out to the mound to take a couple of hacks at pitchers who intentionally throw at them.

If a pitcher intentionally threw a 95 MPH fastball at my head or ribs I'm going out there with a bat to take a couple of swings at their ribs and legs.

I honestly think batters should do that, especially in the NL where a lot of these pitchers think they can get away with that stuff since they don't have to bat.

If pitchers knew there was a good chance that they'd catch a bat to the rib cage I bet that would significantly decrease the number of intentional HBPs.

Carp

DCC 4Life
The Red Sox are impressive, but they have to figure out a way to get some starting pitching. Their rotation is horrid.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Bautista only has himself to blame. Signs are up all over the state. "Don't mess with Texas". Ask Robin Ventura.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Since you're talking fighting in baseball.... I'm surprised batters don't take the bat out to the mound to take a couple of hacks at pitchers who intentionally throw at them.

If a pitcher intentionally threw a 95 MPH fastball at my head or ribs I'm going out there with a bat to take a couple of swings at their ribs and legs.

I honestly think batters should do that, especially in the NL where a lot of these pitchers think they can get away with that stuff since they don't have to bat.

If pitchers knew there was a good chance that they'd catch a bat to the rib cage I bet that would significantly decrease the number of intentional HBPs.
Brilliant. Being convicted of assault with a deadly weapon. Hard to beat that in court when there are 30 thousand eyewitnesses and it's also caught on tape.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Brilliant. Being convicted of assault with a deadly weapon. Hard to beat that in court when there are 30 thousand eyewitnesses and it's also caught on tape.
There are also 30 thousand eyewitnesses when a pitcher throws a fastball at a batter's head.

And I doubt anyone is going to buy that it was an accident when a lot of those incidents are preceded by a frustrated pitcher who thinks a batter's just shown him up. Or my personal favorite, the weak ass pitcher who gives up 3 homers in a row so he resorts to head hunting since he can't adequately do his job.

Eye for an eye, my friend.

Cotton

Staff member
Hes going to get suspended but for me it was worth it.
Damn right it was worth it. Fuck that whiny bastard. The bat flip retaliation was coming. Perfect that it came from a flame thrower like Bush. Right in the ribs. :towel

Cotton

Staff member
There are also 30 thousand eyewitnesses when a pitcher throws a fastball at a batter's head.

And I doubt anyone is going to buy that it was an accident when a lot of those incidents are preceded by a frustrated pitcher who thinks a batter's just shown him up. Or my personal favorite, the weak ass pitcher who gives up 3 homers in a row so he resorts to head hunting since he can't adequately do his job.

I would think the intent thing is much harder to prove with a pitcher throwing at a head versus a batter charging the mound with a bat.

Last edited:

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The Red Sox are impressive, but they have to figure out a way to get some starting pitching. Their rotation is horrid.
Yup.

They're on a historical pace in regards to offense. The Sox have scored 73 runs in their last 7 games.....but we're winning those games 7-6, 10-9, etc.

Unless Boston gets that fixed somehow, they'll start losing close games abs find themselves out of the postseason.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
The best part of Odor landing that punch is that it proved how much of a bitch Bautista is.

You can tell the guy cannot fight a lick, and the evidence is in how he reacts after taking that punch. His next reaction is to put both hands up to protect himself and go into a defensive position.

He's s fake tough guy, and that ass-whipping was glorious to watch.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

Little easier to claim that a thrown baseball was an accident than a swung bat.

To take a bat out to the mound after a pitcher would be stupid, and career suicide. To suggest it should be done is also stupid.

Top Bottom