Cowboys' WR Terrance Williams calls out TMZ over strip club video

midswat

... soon
7/18/2017 10:29:11 AM

Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrance Williams was spotted engaging in a foot race outside the Dallas-area strip club, XTC Cabaret, Jared Dubin of CBS Sports reports. TMZ Sports obtained video of the race, in which Williams pretty handily defeated the man he was up against.

While TMZ claimed Williams "got into a heated convo with one of the other clubgoers" and decided to settle it with a race, Williams says that's not true. Here's what he told Mike Fisher of 105.3 The Fan:

"That's a fake story," Williams tells me in a 5:45 a.m. Tuesday conversation. "That's my best friend I'm running with. And we only did it because I was waiting on my car."

Williams tells me he did indeed show up to XTC Cabaret in Dallas to "celebrate a friend's birthday … I showed up and briefly showed my face. And then we left -- not at 5 a.m., but at 3 a.m. We waited for my car, we ran and then I left and went home and got ready for workouts the next day."

Williams says there was no "beef" or "heated conversation." But he's miffed at TMZ for posting a story with so many inaccuracies.

"I would never do something so dumb that would put me in the headlines like that," Williams says. "And I never will. I'd like TMZ to take that story down, or at least get the facts straight."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
:lol

Pretty sad he has to defend himself.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
:lol

Pretty sad he has to defend himself.
It really is. Somehow people working in the media feel they can try to shape the news to fit their personal agenda. I don't know when all this happened but it to the point to where they have lost all credibility with me because I can't really tell how accurate the delivery is without knowing what persuasion the source is. Damn shame.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
He should sue the shit out of them. Something has to stop these "news" companies from either making shit up or running with a story before they confirm it.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
It really is. Somehow people working in the media feel they can try to shape the news to fit their personal agenda. I don't know when all this happened but it to the point to where they have lost all credibility with me because I can't really tell how accurate the delivery is without knowing what persuasion the source is. Damn shame.
Saying TMZ is "the media" is like saying Bernie Madoff is the personal advisor industry.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
With all the serious crap athletes do sometimes, something as innocent as running a race against someone like we used to do as little kids is almost... cute or something. Weird anyone would act like this is some kind of bad act. I guess it's just that it was outside teh scrip club?

midswat

... soon
Can't fault the TMZ "journalist." I've settled many heated strip club arguments with an impromptu parking lot foot race.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I've been to that place, fine establishment if I do say so myself.
Ah yes, I've enjoyed some fine company in there...a time or 4.

Top Bottom