Scruggs: Mike Lombardi Rips Jason Garrett's Coaching Ability

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well, once Garrett cranks out a few more 11-5 and 12-4 seasons, the position that Phillips is equal will be seen as the nonsense it is.

Phillips is a person I would never want coaching my team... ever. He's a complete loser.
He is the definition of a life time coordinator. And it just goes to show you a guy who can be an excellent coordinator isn't always a good head coach. Sort of how I feel about Linehan. Great coordinator but I don't think he has the ability to coach an entire team. Sort of shows you the difference between a walk around head coach and a coordinator as well.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
For the record, these are the coaches/coordinators who I'd roll the dice on:

Mike Vrabel
Matt Patricia
Pete Carmichael
Steve Wilks
Todd Downing

It's no guarantee that they would be better than Garrett but it's worth the risk and sure beats the hell out of watching Garrett row this boat in circles.

Patricia is at the top of my list.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
That's true. But the team hasn't ever quit on Garrett. Even in the middle of a losing streak in 2015 it never looked like Wade's last few games.

Isn't that setting the bar a little low?

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
If you're a Garrett fan, you kinda have to.
To be clear, no one's actually said they are a serious Garrett fan. Even Schmitty's stance has been that Garrett is about average to above average.

You are right, the bar has to be set low to truly appreciate Garrett.

midswat

... soon
That's true. No one is claiming to love Garrett.

I guess I have this natural inclination to assume everyone who defends Garrett is like the "you can't see what's being built here" type.

I can concede that I can appreciate Townsend and mschmidts stance on him. I think it's silly to applaud a coach finally having us "pointing in the right direction" when he's been with us for 10 years and HC for 7. And I don't buy the Belichick isn't available so we better stay put mentality. But to each their own.

Top Bottom