Skip Bayless to leave ESPN

Jiggyfly

Banned
I don't really blame them, who actually tunes into any sports related thing for the personality?

I like His and Hers but they do a lot of pop related stuff.

I like Lebatard because he looks at things from a different perspective and is funny.

I could care less about any of the other personalities and I cannot tell you the last time I watched over half of a sportcenter.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Cris Carter and Rey Lewis out at ESPN as well. Holy crap, they are losing everyone.

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
When you add in the others ESPN lost, the losses are adding up.
They have to fill spots. They have not "lost" much of anything.

Tiroco is massively overrated and dammit if he ends up supplanting Michaels on SNF, I am not going to be pleased.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
You think Mike Tirico is leaving because ESPN is afraid of his personality overshadowing the brand? :lol
No, but ESPN is making it clear that they'll never allow anyone to be bigger than the brand or give the impression that personalities make the brand.

Paying Tirico big money to stay would be counter productive to the latter way of thinking, so off he goes.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member

Tiroco is massively overrated and dammit if he ends up supplanting Michaels on SNF, I am not going to be pleased.
From what I heard that's supposedly the plan. Not immediately but a few years from now he's supposed to be next in line to call SNF.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life

Al Michaels has been the best in the business for a very long time, so no matter who replaces him, it will probably be a step back. He's also almost as old as Jerry, so the time is coming.

I know Tirico is vanilla, but who's a better candidate that we know of? I'd probably take Jim Nance over him, but certainly not Joe Buck.

dallen

Senior Tech
Al Michaels has been the best in the business for a very long time, so no matter who replaces him, it will probably be a step back. He's also almost as old as Jerry, so the time is coming.

I know Tirico is vanilla, but who's a better candidate that we know of? I'd probably take Jim Nance over him, but certainly not Joe Buck.
Nance is almost as boring as Tirico. Michaels is no doubt the best. I like Dick Stockton a lot too, but he is even older. Of the under-55 guys, Gus Johnson or Kenny Albert are probably my favorites, but it is a sad list. If Joe Buck never called another game I'd be happy.

Cotton

Staff member
Annie Apple, mom of Eli Apple, will join ESPN NFL Countdown as a contributor.

Top Bottom