2016 Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's a lot of Aston Martin references for a guy who had 1 great year and followed it up with a historically horrible egg the next season.
Set the record for rushing with this organization and that's saying a lot with is being on the same team as the all time rushing leader. Murray's only problem was he wanted a large payday. We both know why the following year was a folly.

D

Deuce

Set the record for rushing with this organization and that's saying a lot with is being on the same team as the all time rushing leader. Murray's only problem was he wanted a large payday. We both know why the following year was a folly.
Of course we know why he followed it up with an egg, cause history told us it would happen. We ran him into the ground and was smart enough to let him walk. He had 1 epic season and Im grateful for it, but he'll end up w 1 hit wonder when it's all said and done. Nothing great before and nothing after.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course we know why he followed it up with an egg, cause history told us it would happen. We ran him into the ground and was smart enough to let him walk. He had 1 epic season and Im grateful for it, but he'll end up w 1 hit wonder when it's all said and done. Nothing great before and nothing after.
The media experts and pundits as well as coaches said he was misused. I heard no one say he was physically harmed and unable to perform as a result of the prior years workload.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Good lord, that's a huge signing bonus.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah, it's big money for a RB.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Trent Richardson signed for 4 years 20.5 million (13.3 mil SB) fully guaranteed with no offsets back in 2012. 4.5 million more for Zeke four years later seems about right.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Trent Richardson signed for 4 years 20.5 million (13.3 mil SB) fully guaranteed with no offsets back in 2012. 4.5 million more for Zeke four years later seems about right.
Richardson was selected higher then Elliott.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

It is basically the same contract for whomever we picked at four.

Cotton

Staff member
It is basically the same contract for whomever we picked at four.
The contract amount is regulated by the CBA because of the new rookie wage scale, but the signing bonus was what stood out to me. It's 2/3rds of the contract amount.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The contract amount is regulated by the CBA because of the new rookie wage scale, but the signing bonus was what stood out to me. It's 2/3rds of the contract amount.
In 2014 Watkins got 4/19.9 with a 12.8 signing bonus, in 2015 Cooper got 4/22.6 with a 14.7 signing bonus, now Elliott got 4/24.9 with a 16.3 signing bonus. There is a clear trend there, there is basically no room to negotiate, the entire contract is more or less dictated by the CBA.

As an aside, this is more or less what we offered Murray a year ago, if I remember correctly it was 4/24 with a 12 million signing bonus. So we basically waited a year and had to spend the 4th overall pick to get a more talented guy with obviously much more tread on his tires.

Seems worth it to me, but then again JALEN RAMSEY.

dallen

Senior Tech
It's all guaranteed anyway though, right?

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
Yeah, just struck me as a lot up front.
I don't have a problem with it, he seems to be smarter than most rookies and doesn't come from a very poor family which means he'll probably get some sound financial advice and not blow it all in a blink.

Cotton

Staff member
I don't have a problem with it, he seems to be smarter than most rookies and doesn't come from a very poor family which means he'll probably get some sound financial advice and not blow it all in a blink.
I don't have a problem with it, either. It was just an observation. Good lord. :lol

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I don't have a problem with it, either. It was just an observation. Good lord. :lol
The thing is, if it had been Dez for example I would have been "struck", I do believe there are a lot of players that would be better off if their salaries were "dosified" not only through the length of the contract, but longer, kind of like lottery winnings.
That would severely reduce all these bankrupt/homeless former players.

Cotton

Staff member
From an article released today:

On how she started working for her dad after graduating from Stanford:

Charlotte Jones Anderson: He called me while I was in D.C. and he said, 'By any chance do you know what biker shorts are?' I said, 'Why do you need to know about biker shorts?' He said, 'There's a line of women lined up outside my office that think I'm going to change their iconic uniform of hot pants. Can you come help me out?' So I came down to Dallas for that weekend and while I was there he asked me to stay. I looked at him and I said, 'Why do you want me to stay? I don't know anything about running a football business.' And he said, 'That's okay, neither do I.' He said, 'All I need is someone around me that I can trust.'

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
'Why do you want me to stay? I don't know anything about running a football business.' And he said, 'That's okay, neither do I.' He said, 'All I need is someone around me that I can trust.'
To be fair it's not like there was ever a handbook on how to do this. From a business perspective, Jones has taken the Cowboys into the stratosphere, and at the time of that conversation (I believe) he had made all the right moves.

Until he allowed Jimmy Johnson to leave.

Even still he redefined how the NFL should run its businesses.

Unfortunately that didn't include the business of winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom