User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Stephen Paea retiring?

Stephen Paea retiring?

Last edited by Iamtdg; 10-12-2017 at 08:50 AM.

That's what happens when you go nickel shopping for retreads.

Listen, I remember all about the "Patriot way" of the early 2000s where they signed cheaper guys for pennies on the dollar and got good contributions out of all of them, versus other teams that made big splashes in free agency and just got pennies on the dollar on the field.

But you have to be pretty shrewd with those moves and really find guys who have something in the tank for specific roles. We are hit or miss with that. Had a couple nice finds with guys like Laurent Robinson, and plenty of misses.

3. The following 2 users like this post:

Sweet offseason. Good job, good effort on cutting Cedric Thornton too for no good reason.

What a joke of an organization we are.

Two of our "top signings" on defense are both leaving the team for different reasons on the same day just 5 and half weeks into the season.

I sure hope the owner makes his GM pay for this.

Wait......
    2013 DCC Fantasy Football Champeen

6. The following user likes this post:

Sorry guys I couldn't get it to embed correctly

Quote Originally Posted by chevycowboys View Post
    Sorry guys I couldn't get it to embed correctly
    All you need is the number between the [tweet] [/tweet] tags. Nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by Simpleton View Post
    Sweet offseason. Good job, good effort on cutting Cedric Thornton too for no good reason.
    Michael Brockers should have been there all along

Quote Originally Posted by ravidubey View Post
    Michael Brockers should have been there all along
    I don't know about you, but I'm still pissed we passed on Joe Montana TWICE.

11. The following user likes this post:

uhh....we don't have enough DTs...

If you thought the bye week would be boring, think again. A Cowboys player retires mid-season.

Thereís a lot of talk happening about the Dallas Cowboys, and a lot of it isnít even about football. While they are the Dallas Cowboys, this is a bit much even for them considering itís their bye week. All of that is hitting a new level as one of their defensive tackles, Stephen Paea, is officially retiring per a source.

Stephen Paea signed with the Cowboys this past offseason on a one-year deal. Itís become a bit of a thing for Rod Marinelli to bring in a defensive lineman he knows well, and Paea filled that role this season.

Paea has dealt with knee issues for some time, to the point heís gotten a few practices off lately with the Cowboys. He was inactive for the first time this past Sunday during the teamís game against the Green Bay Packers, and it appears heís done for good now.

Paeaís retirement comes on the same day that word surfaced about the Cowboys releasing Nolan Carroll. They were two of the teamís bigger free agency signings this past offseason (the Cowboys didnít make any huge signings) and they are both now gone permanently. They both began the season as starters.

With no Paea on the team the Dallas Cowboys only defensive tackles are now second-year star Maliek Collins and Brian Price who the team claimed off waivers in the final hours of their initial 53-man roster construction. David Irving spent a lot of time in that position against the Packers, it may have to be more of a permanent thing for him now.
    Last edited by lostxn; 10-11-2017 at 03:51 PM.

Richard Ash's time is here.

Expect Ivie or Carrell to be signed to PS.