7 NFL sophomores who will become stars in 2016

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
According to the PFF guys he graded worst. I think we may be seeing his flashes of huge talent and grading that over consistency.
Meh, PFF is garbage. I will trust my own eyes over their ridiculous algorithms. Sure, he isn't perfect yet, but for a rookie, he was outstanding.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Meh, PFF is garbage. I will trust my own eyes over their ridiculous algorithms. Sure, he isn't perfect yet, but for a rookie, he was outstanding.
It's because they judge an Olineman by his failures. But anyone who watches an Olineman knows there are different levels of success on a play. There is no way for PFF to take that into account.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It's because they judge an Olineman by his failures. But anyone who watches an Olineman knows there are different levels of success on a play. There is no way for PFF to take that into account.
No, there's not. And PFF is crap quite often.

But Collins was a weak link at times. There were several games where he was targeted specifically with stunts, the second Eagles game was one of them.

He is not a great technical blocker at this stage and he can be fooled with mental assignments. He can maul and run and look like the next coming of Larry Allen at times.

He's not a finished product yet. He can get even better. Especially with more experience.

Donpingon

DCC 4Life
Id much rather have Gregory wind up our best second year player. We badly need this guy to pan out and break the 2nd round curse

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Id much rather have Gregory wind up our best second year player. We badly need this guy to pan out and break the 2nd round curse
And I honestly think he could be. Sucks he will miss the first four games but I'm excited to see a fully healthy Gregory getting real playing time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
And I honestly think he could be. Sucks he will miss the first four games but I'm excited to see a fully healthy Gregory getting real playing time.
I hope it was the high ankle issue last year, but he got playing time late in the season and was a non-factor.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Watching Collins in those GIFS; damn, the potential is through the ceiling. He seems athletic enough to play about 5 different positions.

Top Bottom