Who Will Win a Super Bowl First?

Who Will Win a Super Bowl First?

• Total voters

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Jerry is a side piece at this point. He probably hasn't had this little influence on the team since the Jimmy days. Our drafts have been excellent lately.
I understand, but I don't care. I will not believe until he is 6 feet underground pushing up daisies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I think we did well in the draft but I'm not a huge fan of how we locked into positions. I don't think this was exactly a BPA draft.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think we did well in the draft but I'm not a huge fan of how we locked into positions. I don't think this was exactly a BPA draft.
I agree although considering the depth at DE and CB I don't think it was a bad strategy, you could just as easily argue that they knew how deep those positions were and that's why they locked in on them as opposed to just locking in on positions for need.

If they had passed up a great value at WR or something like that then I'd complain but they didn't.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Both our offense and defense should be better this year. Even relying on youth at CB and S...I think we are better there. We get Jaylen Smith and added some solid pieces on the DL. Losing Free and Leary hurts, but Collins and one of Green, Cleary, Bell, Cooper should not be a big drpp off.

The Raiders certainly had more defensive talent than we did last year, but gave up about 5 points per game more.

Sadly, we find some kind of comfortability in expecting bad things to happen, but the fact of the matter is that this team is really fucking good.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The only reason anybody considers the Raiders defense superior to ours is Khalil Mack, aside from him their defense is average at best. They even had less sacks than we did last year and it's because like 80% of their sacks came from Mack and Irvin.

Take Mack out of the equation and our defense is hands down better, and even with him included I don't think it's clear cut which defense is more talented. I think you could pretty easily make a case that we have 3-4 DL who are better than whoever their 2nd best DL is.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I read this article with Bucky Brooks saying Dak was a system QB...as some kind of way to downgrade him. A system QB does not make the kind of throws he made. The big throws he made to Dez against Pitt and Det were amazing. The OT game vs Philly...the comeback vs GB...that was franchise QB stuff, not Andre Ware at Houston stuff. If anything I think the offense got more diversified with Dak...we ran the same patrerns as with Romo, but added some plays yo utilize his mobility. Thank god Oakland moved ahead of us to take Cook or we'd be debating whether Cook could ever be a legit starter or if we should have moved up to take Trubisky or some shit.

vince

Not So New Member
I read this article with Bucky Brooks saying Dak was a system QB...as some kind of way to downgrade him. A system QB does not make the kind of throws he made. The big throws he made to Dez against Pitt and Det were amazing. The OT game vs Philly...the comeback vs GB...that was franchise QB stuff, not Andre Ware at Houston stuff. If anything I think the offense got more diversified with Dak...we ran the same patrerns as with Romo, but added some plays yo utilize his mobility. Thank god Oakland moved ahead of us to take Cook or we'd be debating whether Cook could ever be a legit starter or if we should have moved up to take Trubisky or some shit.
I heard about this on the radio. It's crap. How can you label someone anything after 1 season? Stupid really.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah, that's dumb.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, that's dumb.
Well shit, I'm glad we finally found a system QB who works in our system. Because we went through a shit ton of QBs who couldn't. This is stupid. System QBs are only a bad thing when the QB is changing systems.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Well shit, I'm glad we finally found a system QB who works in our system. Because we went through a shit ton of QBs who couldn't. This is stupid. System QBs are only a bad thing when the QB is changing systems.
Really though, we did not go through QBs at all. I guess McGee was an effort, but we basically ignored the most important position on the field for a long time.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Really though, we did not go through QBs at all. I guess McGee was an effort, but we basically ignored the most important position on the field for a long time.
Yeah. I guess it was a bit of an exaggeration. But guys like Weeden and Cassel were God awful in our "system." But you're right, we didn't exactly make a real effort to bring in talented young Qbs over the years.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's correct. Dallas has basically ignored the QB position since Aikman. It has been a parade of subtrafuse players at the position. Even Romo was a walk on. He wasn't a product of a serious plan.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
That's correct. Dallas has basically ignored the QB position since Aikman. It has been a parade of subtrafuse players at the position. Even Romo was a walk on. He wasn't a product of a serious plan.
They had a serious plan last year it just so happened that they got beaten to the punch by teams trading up for the top 3 QB's and then lucked into Prescott.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah. I guess it was a bit of an exaggeration. But guys like Weeden and Cassel were God awful in our "system." But you're right, we didn't exactly make a real effort to bring in talented young Qbs over the years.
That was Jerry being hopeful that Romo could take us to the promised land with very little foresight about what was next. Very similar to how he felt post-Aikman when he thought it was just SO damn easy to build a roster.

Carp

DCC 4Life
One thing about our new CBs this year...both Awuzie and Lewis are excellent tacklers...it may not seem like much, but I honestly feel like those 2 will be an upgrade over the departed Carr and Claiborne. I hate to be a CB whore, but I am more excited for their play this year than I am for Charlton.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
One thing about our new CBs this year...both Awuzie and Lewis are excellent tacklers...it may not seem like much, but I honestly feel like those 2 will be an upgrade over the departed Carr and Claiborne. I hate to be a CB whore, but I am more excited for their play this year than I am for Charlton.
Jourdan Lewis was the best CB on the field for Michigan last season, and we had three very good CBs for most of the year. I'm really happy that we got him.

Top Bottom