Woman Confronting Man at Walmart Using Food Stamps

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Somebody complaining because the church is giving to the needy?! W.T.Heck?
I have made my point, and you know it. Don't try to paint me into a corner.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Wasn't talking about padding the pastor's pocket. Try again, Keanu.
So you think it is for the sake of membership in an organization whose message you find false and inconsequential. In that case, who cares?

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I like that Skid is posting this from his son's ballgame.

Yes, nice triple, son. BRB gotta pwn some n00bs.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have made my point, and you know it. Don't try to paint me into a corner.
You seriously feel vindicated by that trash answer above? Your point is that the big bad wolf is swooping in to take advantage of the poor by offering them hope? Mmmkay

Kbrown

Not So New Member
You seriously feel vindicated by that trash answer above? Your point is that the big bad wolf is swooping in to take advantage of the poor by offering them hope? Mmmkay
For all the crappy things I saw my dick uncle the pastor do, I never saw this. The real tithe money is in middle class suckers.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I'd buy this if you'd given this guy a name. Maybe Mitch. Mitch, originally from Cleveland.

2/10 believability.
I know.

You are right.

But there is not a lot of time for chit chat at a stop light at an exit.

I guess next time I should pull the car over, have a long talk with him, get to know his name and invite him for a Sarsaparilla at my local watering hole.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This is gettin' ugly.

I tried turning this thread into nostalgia.

Cotton

Staff member
So you think it is for the sake of membership in an organization whose message you find false and inconsequential. In that case, who cares?
I find it a terrible grasp at vulnerable people for the sake of an agenda.

Cotton

Staff member
Correct. Glad you absorbed my point.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
I know.

You are right.

But there is not a lot of time for chit chat at a stop light at an exit.

I guess next time I should pull the car over, have a long talk with him, get to know his name and invite him for a Sarsaparilla at my local watering hole.
The only thing you made him do for that drink was say Go Cowboys. Then you laughed until you almost fell out of your chair, and your friend Dave, the Panthers fan, just looked sick.

Cotton

Staff member
For all the crappy things I saw my dick uncle the pastor do, I never saw this. The real tithe money is in middle class suckers.
It's all about the marketing.

Cotton

Staff member
There is nothing uglier than the church. They will go to any ends to "recruit". There are good churches out there, and very good people in those churches, but overall (in its history) the game is to get as many as people as possible to come to "the understanding". It's sickening. Like I said before, it's just as bad as gun control advocates taking advantage of a school shooting to promote their agenda.

Again, and maybe this got lost in my posts, not all churches do this. But, the ones that do saturate the efforts of the ones wielding good faith just like Al hurts the efforts of an MLK.

Cotton

Staff member
Don't feed the poor, and be a hypocrite. Feed the poor, and it's marketing.

You are cynical about Christianity, and that's okay.
You have missed my entire point. And, I'm not just cynical about Christianity. I'm cynical about everything that poses as good as a guise for an agenda. Not just religion, btw.

And damn sure not just Christianity.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
You have missed my entire point. And, I'm not just cynical about Christianity. I'm cynical about everything that poses as good as a guise for an agenda. Not just religion, btw.

And damn sure not just Christianity.
I get your point, Polyester.

You say it's not for money. If there's no material gain involved, you must at least think these people believe what they're pushing. And if I deeply and fundamentally believe what I'm offering people is the highest spiritual good, NOT trying to persuade people would be the evil thing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I feel like this is just a bizarre position to take, iamtdg. I get the frustration with a bunch of stuff with the church. I really do. This whole thing about poor people is just strange. It seems like bitching just to bitch. If you were to mention greed or churches blowing up and ignoring the poor I'd be all over it with you. But noooo, you're angry because churches are helping poor people? You'd be a real piece of trash to not offer hope to the hopeless. If Christians really do believe what they do they'd be awful people to not give it away.

Christianity has done more to empower helpless people than anything else. Why do you think that communist dictators try to keep Christianity out? Because if you give someone hope and a purpose you simply can no longer contain that person. You are just way off on this one, Captain.

Cotton

Staff member
I feel like this is just a bizarre position to take, iamtdg. I get the frustration with a bunch of stuff with the church. I really do. This whole thing about poor people is just strange. It seems like bitching just to bitch. If you were to mention greed or churches blowing up and ignoring the poor I'd be all over it with you. But noooo, you're angry because churches are helping poor people? You'd be a real piece of trash to not offer hope to the hopeless. If Christians really do believe what they do they'd be awful people to not give it away.

Christianity has done more to empower helpless people than anything else. Why do you think that communist dictators try to keep Christianity out? Because if you give someone hope and a purpose you simply can no longer contain that person. You are just way off on this one, Captain.
Yeah, I'm mad because churches help needy people. :lol

~kicks the straw man in the face~

Top Bottom