Woman Confronting Man at Walmart Using Food Stamps

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Don't even get me started on churches and whether they are or are not a money making venture.
Churches are a choice that is available to people. People's choices should be just that. The doors are open but there are no jail cages on the inside.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Lookit, I resent the business of big church much as the next guy but giving is a good thing.
Of course it is. If it weren't for churches who tend to deal with the completely out of touch, mentally ill, hard core street people, I don't know what would happen.

But I guarantee you some homeless fuck hassles Osteen walking down the street, his ass isn't even giving him a sammich.

Same goes if someone needing help collapsed on the front entrance (security protected) cathedral church in practically any big city in this country.

From a biblical worldview it is absolutely the individuals responsibility to clothe the naked and feed the poor. Many of them are certainly doing that.
Sure it is.

Grass roots. Small churches do these things all the time. They truly try to help.

They get it.

But get that church big? Please.

Skid, you and I have known each other long enough.

Frickin' Evans are not the same as good people.

Sad thing is, that gets blurred.

Mainly because the hypocritical claim what isn't earned.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Gonna put my name out there, fine. Fuck you, you piece of shit. I thought we were better than that.
I was talking about Osteen. But, it is interesting you would think it's all about you, Hos.

Cotton

Staff member
Judging the hearts and intentions of other people, huh? Classic.
I make assessments based on my observations. So, yeah... I do.

Cotton

Staff member
Folks have an option to go where ever they please for a hand out but by the same token if someone is supporting the hand out they have the right to direct the protocol. If the message of the church is too much then they find a place elsewhere of their choosing.
That's just a bunch of :words just to say, you can only get our food if you listen to our agenda.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
wha what?

DCC Glossary is not aware of this. Explanado please.
It used to be "Frickin' Evans" back in the day.

Dude, you were there. At least I think so.

Cotton

Staff member
wha what?

DCC Glossary is not aware of this. Explanado please.
Booze has had a beef with "Fucking Evans" for years.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
All in all, there is just a total loss of self in our culture.

There seems to be this idea that we are a-uh-harda-workin country that has forged itself on freedom.

That is pure romance. That is a lot of what we think America is. Romance.

At the end of the day, we are just plodding along and really don't know what it is we want to do, other than continue to be top dog in the world geo-political system.

As far as it goes for your average non-working Murcan, it seems we are now is a bunch of free loading shitheads that have learned that from the last three decades.

And now, we have a pissed off segment of society mad at the ones who played the system.

That the pissed off ones and their parents were content with.

All in all, I can tell you, most Americans are not intellectually capable of addressing what actually is going on.

It is due to a broken social investment system and that is not just on the liberals.

There are no family values. Most people never get the ying and yang. People growing up learn how to survive, not how to live.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course it is. If it weren't for churches who tend to deal with the completely out of touch, mentally ill, hard core street people, I don't know what would happen.

But I guarantee you some homeless fuck hassles Osteen walking down the street, his ass isn't even giving him a sammich.

Same goes if someone needing help collapsed on the front entrance (security protected) cathedral church in practically any big city in this country.

Sure it is.

Grass roots. Small churches do these things all the time. They truly try to help.

They get it.

But get that church big? Please.

Skid, you and I have known each other long enough.

Frickin' Evans are not the same as good people.

Sad thing is, that gets blurred.

Mainly because the hypocritical claim what isn't earned.
Some large churches also have programs. When I was working I would get off the bus and make my way through lines of homeless waiting for the church doors to open and serve them breakfast. Some had come from church shelters that provided them a place to sleep. All involved were downtown large churches.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I make assessments based on my observations. So, yeah... I do.
I sorta get where you are coming from. Basically you are bitching just to bitch. You make it seem like the church is just some evil entity sitting back wringing their hands waiting to deny some sad soul who won't listen. Like, sign this agreement to listen to me or depart from me and starve, you scoundrels. Everyone need their safe place now so the meanie head Christians don't share their gospel. :eyeroll

Cotton

Staff member
is Fuckin Evans a banned poster? This isn't registering at all.
From the poster that is renokned for his memory of board lore, you disappoint me.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
It was booze's general answer to many religious posts. Total disgust with the weird, established Jerry Falwells of the world.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
You know, I always thought you were the guy that could be the custodian of multiple board crashes.

Now, I just don't know what you are capable of anymore.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Yeah the size of the church isn't the total indicator but the point is valid in many respects imo.

Cotton

Staff member
Some large churches also have programs. When I was working I would get off the bus and make my way through lines of homeless waiting for the church doors to open and serve them breakfast. Some had come from church shelters that provided them a place to sleep. All involved were downtown large churches.
It's the epitome of indoctrination. I've seen it too many times. Just gotta show Jesus as the savior. I will admit, it's very effective.

Top Bottom