User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowboys To Release CB Nolan Carroll

Quote Originally Posted by GForce78NJ View Post
    hysterical. sign a CB in the offseason as our "big Free Agent signing" which whom we used to scheme against every time we played him. Good job management.
    I think some people are confusing Bradley Fletcher with Nolan Carroll, but yeah, Carroll is still not very good.

Hey, kudos to management for dumping him instead of doing the lazy thing and keep parading him out there because of his contract.

Here's a thought, btw.... signing low end Eagles defenders doesn't seem to be working for us. Maybe should avoid it for a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by mschmidt64 View Post
    I think some people are confusing Bradley Fletcher with Nolan Carroll, but yeah, Carroll is still not very good.

Hey, kudos to management for dumping him instead of doing the lazy thing and keep parading him out there because of his contract.

Here's a thought, btw.... signing low end Eagles defenders doesn't seem to be working for us. Maybe should avoid it for a bit.
    I agree and frankly there are good bargain corners in free agency. We just pick them terribly.

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Holy massive ass picture, boozeman.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    Lewis has come alive and has set himself in the top 3 as probably our best performing corner at this point. And if Awuzie could just stay healthy I'm sure he would be solid as well.

What I also noticed was that Woods is getting a lot more playing time. And I didn't see him doing much wrong against the Packers. The safety that I saw getting picked on and beat was Jeff Heath who just has no range or instincts.
    Lewis may well be a good back but Green Bay rendered him as ineffective with their mismatch alignment on him. He looked bad in several GB scoring drives. He hasn’t figured out how to deal with a tall receiver. His positioning is too much out in front of the receiver and he has no chance to battle for the ball. Maybe the GB game was a fluke for him.
    Since Day One

I don't really agree with releasing him as we have a numbers issue at corner. Unless we are going to pick up a free agent or something, we're short. Maybe we plan to trade for Sherman? That would be great if we don't give away too much. Maybe a 3rd and a RB? LOL, I don't know. With that contract I can't see giving up a haul of picks.

Quote Originally Posted by lostxn View Post
    I don't really agree with releasing him as we have a numbers issue at corner. Unless we are going to pick up a free agent or something, we're short. Maybe we plan to trade for Sherman? That would be great if we don't give away too much. Maybe a 3rd and a RB? LOL, I don't know. With that contract I can't see giving up a haul of picks.
    We still have what 5 corners on the roster?

Yep. Carroll was a "meh" signing to begin with, no great loss.

I guess the issue I have is that now we will have Benwickere active and have to pay his draft pick compensation.

Maybe there is a waiver claim we can find instead.

yeah

33 Chidobe Awuzie CB 22 6-0 202 R Colorado
    23 Bene Benwikere CB 26 6-0 195 4 San Josť State
    30 Anthony Brown CB 23 5-11 196 2 Purdue
    27 Jourdan Lewis CB 22 5-10 195 R Michigan
    32 Orlando Scandrick CB 30 5-10 196 10 Boise State