User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Officer shot and killed on Tech campus...

Quote Originally Posted by Cowboysrock55 View Post
    It was a crazy dude. I mean he killed an officer at point blank over a pot ticket. If he didn't kill the officer he was going to kill someone eventually. I don't think an outlier like this justifys bully tactics by other officers. Psychotic people aren't the normal.

On an aside why take a person with pot possession into the station? Write the ticket and move on. Do that and the officer would still be alive. Of course you can't blame the officer for the actions of a crazy person.
    From what I understand they were checking on his well being and then this event happened.

Quote Originally Posted by skidadl View Post
    From what I understand they were checking on his well being and then this event happened.
    So basically a college kid who snapped under the pressure?

So basically a college kid who snapped under the pressure?
    No idea what happened. What I was saying is that it doesn't seem like a drug bust. I'm just wondering if the welfare check was because his family was worried about him and then they brought him in to see of he was mentally stable.

All speculation at this point though.

That's what I was wondering. "Welfare check" sounds to me like he had preexisting mental issues.
    2014=2009, 2015=2010?

The Garrett Song

One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    It was a crazy dude. I mean he killed an officer at point blank over a pot ticket. If he didn't kill the officer he was going to kill someone eventually. I don't think an outlier like this justifys bully tactics by other officers. Psychotic people aren't the normal.

On an aside why take a person with pot possession into the station? Write the ticket and move on. Do that and the officer would still be alive. Of course you can't blame the officer for the actions of a crazy person.
    You don't just get a ticket for pot in Texas no matter the quantity. It's an automatic trip to jail. I still haven't heard a confirmation that this kid was being taken to jail or was being forcibly committed. He has now been arrested 3 times in the last year. Twice by Tech PD. May have been his deranged motive for killing this cop.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Chocolate Lab View Post
    That's what I was wondering. "Welfare check" sounds to me like he had preexisting mental issues.
    Sure sounds like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    You don't just get a ticket for pot in Texas no matter the quantity. It's an automatic trip to jail. I still haven't heard a confirmation that this kid was being taken to jail or was being forcibly committed. He has now been arrested 3 times in the last year. Twice by Tech PD. May have been his deranged motive for killing this cop.
    So a small possession ticket in Texas is automatic jail? Jesus you all are still in the stone age of weed tickets. Hell up here in Missouri the worst they can do to you is fine you. So there is no way they take you to jail anymore unless you have a large quantity.

I never said anything about bully tactics by officers. I said I hope it gives some insight as to why officers remain on high alert at most times. And that also depends on what you mean by bully tactics. If I give commands to you because based on my experience I should have you dong something other than what you are doing, and you don't comply, I may have to make you do what I told you to do. That is not bullying. Again, I'm not justifying some of the things we've allseen on videos, but what I am saying is when someone comes in contact with an officer, comply with commands and complain later. Wallah! no problems. Unless of course you'r'e doing something illegal and need to be dealt with.

So a small possession ticket in Texas is automatic jail? Jesus you all are still in the stone age of weed tickets. Hell up here in Missouri the worst they can do to you is fine you. So there is no way they take you to jail anymore unless you have a large quantity.
    Tell me about it.

So I heard, family requested a welfare check, officer found drugs (pot or what I don't know) and took him into custody. As I said before, he should have been searched incident to arrest and hand cuffed. Apparently he was not and had gun on him. Cost the officer his life.