User Tag List

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 57

Thread: Officer shot and killed on Tech campus...

  1. #21
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    52,963
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev View Post
    If it was a welfare check then the weed was just something they found. Wonder who called for the welfare check? I'm assuming that is what happens?? Parents? Friends?? Someone that knew they would find the weed??
    Yeah, they just found the weed by happenstance on the welfare check. His parents is who would have called for a welfare check. Either they had been trying to get a hold of him and couldn't or he had shown a history of mental issues and this was a recurring welfare check, which isn't uncommon.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  2. #22
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    52,963
    Quote Originally Posted by pdom View Post
    He was picked up in Arlington?
    No, they picked him up about 1/2 mile from where he shot the cop.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  3. #23
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    52,963
    Turns out he had a gun on him. Cop either didn't pat him down or they missed the gun. Either way, a deadly mistake by the officer. So, he was illegally carrying a gun since he wasn't 21 yet.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  4. #24
    Senior Member vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    547
    @Iamtdg is your office across the street from the rec center?

  5. #25
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    52,963
    Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    @Iamtdg is your office across the street from the rec center?
    No, it's at 4th and Flint in the old National Reserve building.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  6. #26
    Senior Member fortsbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    The police responded to this kid's dorm room on suspicion of drug use. They found a trace amount of pot and some paraphernalia. The cop didn't arrest the kid, but brought him back to police station for debriefing. I'm not 100% sure what that is, but I'm sure @fortsbest can tell us. Here is where the details get a little fuzzy since not everything has come out yet. Either the kid had a gun on him or he took the cop's gun and shot the cop in the head. He then took off on foot. A student that was sitting in one of our commuter north parking lots spotted the guy and called the cops saying he had seen someone fitting the description that was put out. They arrested the little motherfucker about 10 minutes later. This really fucking sucks.
    Not sure why they did this other than maybe it was campus policy or something if they didn't arrest him. Regardless, he should have been searched before getting put into a car and handcuffed. He may not have been arrested, but if he is being transported in my car, pat down and handcuffing are gonna happen. I pray for you and the Tech family sir. That stiff hits home hard as you can tell by the thoughts you've already mentioned.

  7. #27
    One-armed Knife Sharpener Iamtdg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    52,963
    Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    Not sure why they did this other than maybe it was campus policy or something if they didn't arrest him. Regardless, he should have been searched before getting put into a car and handcuffed. He may not have been arrested, but if he is being transported in my car, pat down and handcuffing are gonna happen. I pray for you and the Tech family sir. That stiff hits home hard as you can tell by the thoughts you've already mentioned.
    Thank you. Turns out they were arresting him and the responding officer either didn’t pat him down or missed the gun on him. The gun was a .45 so it’s hard to believe the officer just missed it. And, I’m not sure if he was handcuffed during transport but it has been confirmed he didn’t have cuffs on when he shot the officer. Just a terrible mistake with the worst possible consequence for that mistake.
    2016 DCC LOTY Fantasy Football Champion

  8. #28
    Senior Member fortsbest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    2,723
    Quote Originally Posted by Iamtdg View Post
    Thank you. Turns out they were arresting him and the responding officer either didn’t pat him down or missed the gun on him. The gun was a .45 so it’s hard to believe the officer just missed it. And, I’m not sure if he was handcuffed during transport but it has been confirmed he didn’t have cuffs on when he shot the officer. Just a terrible mistake with the worst possible consequence for that mistake.
    Yepper, I hope now some of the people here that question an officer's hyper alertness can see why. regardless, had they just paid attention to their officer safety training he'd likely be alive, or at least had a chance to fight back.

  9. The following user likes this post:


  10. #29
    El Presidente' skidadl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,447
    Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    Yepper, I hope now some of the people here that question an officer's hyper alertness can see why. regardless, had they just paid attention to their officer safety training he'd likely be alive, or at least had a chance to fight back.
    No doubt. This is why the adrenaline is elevated and politeness goes out of the window at times.

  11. #30
    Senior Member Cowboysrock55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    19,581
    Quote Originally Posted by fortsbest View Post
    Yepper, I hope now some of the people here that question an officer's hyper alertness can see why. regardless, had they just paid attention to their officer safety training he'd likely be alive, or at least had a chance to fight back.
    It was a crazy dude. I mean he killed an officer at point blank over a pot ticket. If he didn't kill the officer he was going to kill someone eventually. I don't think an outlier like this justifys bully tactics by other officers. Psychotic people aren't the normal.

    On an aside why take a person with pot possession into the station? Write the ticket and move on. Do that and the officer would still be alive. Of course you can't blame the officer for the actions of a crazy person.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •