Woman Confronting Man at Walmart Using Food Stamps

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Fuck it, I changed my mind again. Come at me.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Fuck it, I changed my mind again. Come at me.
About what? Your argument sucks.

While flawed and agenda driven in many cases ministries are by far the greatest contributor to the needy outside of the government. But I already addressed that byt suggesting that the church has dropped the ball, right whataburger boy?

Cotton

Staff member
About what? Your argument sucks.

While flawed and agenda driven in many cases ministries are by far the greatest contributor to the needy outside of the government. But I already addressed that byt suggesting that the church has dropped the ball, right whataburger boy?
As long as you admit it, we are cool. No having a taste pallet worth a shit which makes your life suck boy.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
As long as you admit it, we are cool. No having a taste pallet worth a shit which makes your life suck boy.
So basically giving to the poor is good but you just don't like the way it is given. Sounds like you have a solid stance there. Dang evil churches.

Cotton

Staff member
So basically giving to the poor is good but you just don't like the way it is given. Sounds like you have a solid stance there. Dang evil churches.
In some circumstances, you damn right I don't like how it's given out. You aren't giving with a pure heart if you're trying to grow your membership by doing it. Ulterior motives have no place in religion. That's why I don't like Joel.... nevermind, we won't take the thread there. :lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
In some circumstances, you damn right I don't like how it's given out. You aren't giving with a pure heart if you're trying to grow your membership by doing it. Ulterior motives have no place in religion. That's why I don't like Joel.... nevermind, we won't take the thread there. :lol
You are correct, Pastor Cotton. You know your stuff.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You do realize that all the works and miracles done by Jesus was to grow the Kingdom of God and bring those to the redemption and fellowship of the believers? That is the example the church is given because redemption is more crucial than just providing for needs.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
You do realize that all the works and miracles done by Jesus was to grow the Kingdom of God and bring those to the redemption and fellowship of the believers? That is the example the church is given because redemption is more crucial than just providing for needs.
Yes and no. He desired to heal and proved because of compassion. The kingdom grew as a result.

Cotton

Staff member
So, you support churches that only give to needy people if they join their church?

Cotton

Staff member

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So, you support churches that only give to needy people if they join their church?
Not necessarily but I don't oppose delivering a message and invite with the help.

Cotton

Staff member
Not necessarily but I don't oppose delivering a message and invite with the help.
So, you're okay with feeding only those that agree to listen to your forced message to get that help?

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yes and no. He desired to heal and proved because of compassion. The kingdom grew as a result.
Miracles were given as a sign for the unbeliever. Jesus' ministry wasn't to just help people rather that it was to reveal to the world who he was and why he came to this world. It was ultimately about redemption.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
So, you're okay with feeding only those that agree to listen to your forced message to get that help?
You can use the term forced but virtually all missions have an established agenda and I don't think you would be fulfilling your duty as a Christian not to offer a message of hope and faith. Otherwise the church would be just another supply depot like any government office.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Miracles were given as a sign for the unbeliever. Jesus' ministry wasn't to just help people rather that it was to reveal to the world who he was and why he came to this world. It was ultimately about redemption.

Yes it is about redemption. Totally. But it wasn't about 1st Baptist or whatever.

Cotton

Staff member
You can use the term forced but virtually all missions have an established agenda and I don't think you would be fulfilling your duty as a Christian not to offer a message of hope and faith. Otherwise the church would be just another supply depot like any government office.
If you make them agree to listen to you to get their meal, it's forced. You can sanctimoniously try to classify it however makes you feel best, but it is what it is.

Top Bottom