Do you guys remember when

midswat

... soon
We he had a rookie phenom QB & RB & the best offensive line in football and parlayed a miracle season into home field advantage against a mostly mediocre NFC field but lost against an incredibly flawed Green Bay team who was exposed the following week, because we have a terrible head coach?

I do.

It was just last year in case you forgot.

We still have the same terrible head coach so don't get to excited for this upcoming season.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
We he had a rookie phenom QB & RB & the best offensive line in football and parlayed a miracle season into home field advantage against a mostly mediocre NFC field but lost against an incredibly flawed Green Bay team who was exposed the following week, because we have a terrible head coach?

I do.

We still have the same terrible head coach so don't get to excited for this upcoming season.
Yes, and I'm not sure the D has made enough strides to make a difference from what we had last year. I'm hoping we did, but I still think this team will have trouble getting to the QB when it really matters.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch

I do.

Doomsday approved thread.

Now tell us about the legion of boobs.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, and I'm not sure the D has made enough strides to make a difference from what we had last year. I'm hoping we did, but I still think this team will have trouble getting to the QB when it really matters.
I really like the young talent on this defense but it could take a year for it to develop. I don't expect a leap forward from the defense but I think the building blocks are starting to be put in place so that long term this defense has a lot of potential.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
No McQuistan, no Super Bowl.

lostxn

DCC 4Life

I do.

I'm not sure you could watch that game and blame the headcoach. Our defense played like shit and the refs fucked us.

midswat

... soon
I'm not sure you could watch that game and blame the headcoach. Our defense played like shit and the refs fucked us.
I can when like the past 5 times we've played Green Bay, we literally average something like 6 yards per carry, yet still don't insist on running it down their throats.

Throwing low percentage passes on third and shorts to body catchers like Terrance Williams, and taking Elliott off the field altogether. The idiotic spike, giving Rodgers way more time than we should have. Et cetera.

Garrett is a shit head coach and a liability.

Newt

DCC 4Life
I 'member.....

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

I do.

Come back to the nest, baby bird. The Jerry thread has been un-stickied. Besides, you're too delicate for this forum full of meanies.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I can when like the past 5 times we've played Green Bay, we literally average something like 6 yards per carry, yet still don't insist on running it down their throats.

Throwing low percentage passes on third and shorts to body catchers like Terrance Williams, and taking Elliott off the field altogether. The idiotic spike, giving Rodgers way more time than we should have. Et cetera.

Garrett is a shit head coach and a liability.
That spike may very well be the direct cause for the loss. Do we know for sure it was Garrett's call?

DLK150

DCC 4Life
:roboclap I approve of this post.

Sorry to lovers of the red headed genius but if The Boys flop again this season, he needs to go. He's had plenty of time as head coach (Over seven years) to prove himself but the only thing he's proven is that he generally sucks in crunch time.

Who replaces him? I have no fricking idea but he sucks the root as a head coach. He's not the first coach who does well as a coordinator but sucks as a HC and he won't be the last.

Super bowl win or bust this season, I'm getting too old to keep waiting.

midswat

... soon
“Just felt like that was the right thing to do at the time,” Garrett said, via ESPN. “Keeping the timeout to be able to kick a field goal is really important if you can do it. So in those situations when you make a first down, we believe you clock it there so you keep that timeout in your back pocket. Obviously in that situation we’re trying to go down and score a touchdown so you want to keep as much time on the clock as you can. If the clock is going and you need a timeout to get yourself in field goal range you have that one still available to you.”
https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/dallas-cowboys-green-bay-packers-jason-garrett-spike-first-down-fourth-quarter-011617?amp=true

townsend

Banned
I've hated Garrett since 2008, but I think it's dumb to underestimate this team because he lost a game that started with the defense letting Green Bay score at will for the entire first half. We could have done better, but overcoming a 3 possession deficit is an impressive feat. The maligned 2014 defense at least held Rodgers in check for most of the first half.

A lot had to go right for GB to come out of dallas with the win. Their kicker made two 50+ kicks. This feels like a big difference between the 07 and 09 playoff melt downs. The offense didn't underperform in 14 and 16. Even with some play calling issues, and a dumb spike. The talent played to their potential.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I've hated Garrett since 2008, but I think it's dumb to underestimate this team because he lost a game that started with the defense letting Green Bay score at will for the entire first half. We could have done better, but overcoming a 3 possession deficit is an impressive feat. The maligned 2014 defense at least held Rodgers in check for most of the first half.

A lot had to go right for GB to come out of dallas with the win. Their kicker made two 50+ kicks. This feels like a big difference between the 07 and 09 playoff melt downs. The offense didn't underperform in 14 and 16. Even with some play calling issues, and a dumb spike. The talent played to their potential.
I can't stand Garrett and haven't been able to since he played at Princeton back in NJ in the mid 80s. Constant articles about the Garrett brothers in the sports section of the local paper. Jason, Judd and John, Jason, Judd and John. I lived around 8 miles from Princeton in those days and The Tigers were the "big" name in local college sports in those days. The only other one was a division III(I believe) school called Trenton State College.

Top Bottom