TV Thread

D

Deuce

His watch ended once he died, he isn't staying at the Wall. First order of business will be to retake Winterfell I'm guessing and next week's episode is going to shed alot of light as to who his parents are, I think you're right about his mother but his father is not Robert Baratheon. There would be no need to claim him as a bastard if he were the son of the King if you catch my drift, especially if it was the King's son with the woman he loved and worshiped who is now dead.
was Ned's sister dead before Robert married Cersei? If not, he could have treated her like his chick on the side and had to keep Jon a secret. That's why he got his bff to claim it was his own kid.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
was Ned's sister dead before Robert married Cersei? If not, he could have treated her like his chick on the side and had to keep Jon a secret. That's why he got his bff to claim it was his own kid.
Yes, she died at the tail end of the rebellion that ended with Robert becoming King. Robert was intended to marry Ned's sister and her being "kidnapped" was basically the reason that the war that resulted in Robert becoming King started. I'm guessing this next episode or two will explain alot of what happened with all this.

Cersei knew Robert didn't love her because he only loved Ned's sister, she was just a stand in for her basically.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes, she died at the tail end of the rebellion that ended with Robert becoming King. Robert was intended to marry Ned's sister and her being "kidnapped" was basically the reason that the war that resulted in Robert becoming King started. I'm guessing this next episode or two will explain alot of what happened with all this.

Cersei knew Robert didn't love her because he only loved Ned's sister, she was just a stand in for her basically.
Yeah and obviously the wide speculation is that Ned's sister wasn't really kidnapped at all. It would be interesting though if that whole hypothesis wasn't actually true. It looks like we are going to get more insight into the whole rebellion very soon through the eyes of Bran. The preview at the end of last weeks episode I believe included young Ned fighting a group of men. Or at least I believe that's what it was.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah and obviously the wide speculation is that Ned's sister wasn't really kidnapped at all. It would be interesting though if that whole hypothesis wasn't actually true. It looks like we are going to get more insight into the whole rebellion very soon through the eyes of Bran. The preview at the end of last weeks episode I believe included young Ned fighting a group of men. Or at least I believe that's what it was.
Yea, Tower of Joy, should be sweet.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Bates Motel is still sustaining itself pretty well, which surprises me.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Bates Motel is still sustaining itself pretty well, which surprises me.
I kind of hate I bailed on that after the 1st season I have read some good stuff about it since.

I will probably try and catch up when they do another marathon.

Do I need to watch it all or can I skip around some?

junk

Not So New Member
If you're interested, look up R+L = J. It hasn't been officially confirmed anywhere, but the Tower of Joy scene in this week's episode might be the first place to confirm it.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I kind of hate I bailed on that after the 1st season I have read some good stuff about it since.

I will probably try and catch up when they do another marathon.

Do I need to watch it all or can I skip around some?
Probably need to watch it all to see character progression.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I actually fell asleep while Davos was trying to talk Melisandre into trying to bring Jon back and woke up to his gasp. It was a real WTF moment. As someone who read Dance with Dragons right when it came out I've been waiting for that scene for almost five years, but it was still shocking to see it so early. I figured they'd drag it out. Jon truly is Azor Ahai reborn!
:towel

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Just started watching The Night Manager. It is very good.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah it was awesome. Had its own action and did a great job building and setting up future events.
Yea it was fantastic, although I'm getting weary of everything going on in King's Landing, more action, less bullshit talk from fake Gandhi. I feel like business will start picking up there soon though.

D

Deuce

Yea it was fantastic, although I'm getting weary of everything going on in King's Landing, more action, less bullshit talk from fake Gandhi. I feel like business will start picking up there soon though.
I'm sure it will. I had a similar feeling about all things Khaleesi and then Sunday happened.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Has anyone watched "Vice" on HBO?

I just clicked on it last night and I think it is outstanding.

While I know it is produced by Bill Maher and has a slant to it, I like how it presents a world view that is not commonly publicized.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Has anyone watched "Vice" on HBO?

I just clicked on it last night and I think it is outstanding.

While I know it is produced by Bill Maher and has a slant to it, I like how it presents a world view that is not commonly publicized.
Like it when I remember to watch. Usually buried on DVR and forget about them.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Fargo season 3 will star Ewan McGregor as two brothers, eh
By Alex McCown@alexm247
May 20, 2016 3:43 PM

After a superb first season, and then a damn near flawless second, the third season of Fargo will have some awfully big shoes to fill. And now, we’ve got word those large boots will be filled by Ewan McGregor. Deadline reports the Scottish actor will be trading in his native “ayes” and “naes” for some sturdy Minnesotan “yahs” and “oh nos.” This is the first major casting news for the upcoming season, and there’s no word yet on whether McGregor will be playing one of the people who kills everyone, one of the people who dies, or one of the melancholy innocents who then gets to monologue about the hard world we live in.

But there’s plenty of other information about who he’ll be playing—or rather, the two starring roles he’ll tackle. Apparently, McGregor is set to play brothers, Emmit and Ray Stussy, for a storyline much closer to the present day than even season one’s 2006-set dramatics. Emmit is described as “The Parking Lot King of Minnesota,” a handsome and successful real-estate mogul and family man. Ray, by contrast, is the younger brother, and “a cautionary tale. Balding and pot-bellied, Ray is the kind of guy who peaked in high school. Now a parole officer, Ray has a huge chip on his shoulder about the hand he’s been dealt, and he blames his brother, Emmit, for his misfortunes.” Presumably, they’ll have an honest conversation in the first episode and resolve everything peaceably, with the rest of the episodes playing out in relative quiet, as is the standard for this series.

Top Bottom