2016 POTUS Election Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

2233boys

Not So New Member
The upcoming election will probably occur like past elections. Maybe 60% of eligible voters will determine who is elected because the Majority of either party really do not care enough to stand in line for a few minutes forecast a ballot. It will probably come down to the same scenario that has been in play for many past elections. The incumbent party President will get thrown out because they turned out to be no different than the ones they replaced. About every 8 years a dump the leader vote is done. If that holds up this time the Republican candidate is due to get the change out vote.
We haven't had 60% of people show up to vote in a Presidential election since the 60's. I doubt we break 50%

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'll vote I always do. Depending on what Bernie does or says at the convention I'll write him in or vote for Dr. Jill Stein
I'm honestly not sure what I will do yet. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd vote for Hilary. I'll probably just vote for a libertarian candidate like Gary Johnson.

2233boys

Not So New Member
I'm honestly not sure what I will do yet. It would be a cold day in hell before I'd vote for Hilary. I'll probably just vote for a libertarian candidate like Gary Johnson.
I am not sure about the whole libertarian movement, but I heard the guy speak. I don't hate him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I am not sure about the whole libertarian movement, but I heard the guy speak. I don't hate him.
I despise our current two party system so if I can use my vote to push a change in that I absolutely will. Plus I like the libertarian party platform.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I have said several times I have no idea what will come out of these investigations.
I have said that I didn't read your post.

tl;dnr

But that does not change the facts that she has not admitted to covering anything up which is what you were saying.
Izzz that riiiiight? Is that what I said? :lol

I don't have anything figured out but it's readily evident I know more than you.
Don't care. At all.

Hillary is corrupt, not FOR women and in the pockets of Saudi, is a liar and pretty much a power hungry person. If this woman stood up for women in the Middle East she might have an ounce of respect but she doesn't. She's a fraud Democrat. At least Bernie I can respect as a person.

2233boys

Not So New Member

2233boys

Not So New Member
I have said that I didn't read your post.

tl;dnr

Izzz that riiiiight? Is that what I said? :lol

Don't care. At all.

Hillary is corrupt, not FOR women and in the pockets of Saudi, is a liar and pretty much a power hungry person. If this woman stood up for women in the Middle East she might have an ounce of respect but she doesn't. She's a fraud Democrat. At least Bernie I can respect as a person.
:buddy

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I'd love to see a viable 3rd party candidate. I'll never ever vote for trump and I doubt I can vote for Hillary. This can't possibly be the best we can do.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Conservative blogger Erick Erickson says he's seeking a third-party presidential candidate
His push comes as some anti-Trump Republicans back out of attending the convention in Cleveland
Washington (CNN)Conservative blogger and radio host Erick Erickson said Wednesday he's had a number of conversations about laying the groundwork for a third-party candidate to oppose Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton in the general election.

Erickson, a leader of the #NeverTrump movement, told CNN that he plans more such conversations in the coming days, and that the consensus among anti-Trump conservatives is that voters who won't support Trump or Clinton need another option.

"Donald Trump cannot consolidate the Republican base and many Republicans cannot accept a Hillary Clinton donor as the Republican nominee," Erickson said. "If the delegates ratify this madness in Cleveland, many of us will look elsewhere for a credible candidate to oppose both Trump and Clinton."
RELATED: GOP wakes up to Trump victory -- and plenty of questions
He added: "We will begin now laying the groundwork for an exit strategy from Donald Trump's Republican Party."
Erickson said several names are being floated, but wouldn't say whom. Erickson added that he and other conservatives interested in a third-party candidate understand that they're facing a tight window to recruit a candidate and launch a campaign.
The conservative push to find a third-party candidate comes as party loyalists who'd sought delegate slots at the upcoming Republican National Convention in Cleveland back out, saying they can't support Trump.
In Indiana, Joshua Claybourn, an Evansville Republican, had already claimed a delegate spot for the RNC -- but told CNN he's backing out.
"I will neither vote for, nor in any other way support, Mr. Trump," he said in a statement. Claybourn pointed to Trump's opposition of free trade deals, the candidate's "skeptical" approach to free speech, and Trump's lack of "a mature temperament needed at home and abroad."
He said: "I believe a Trump presidency would bring less peace, more economic hardship, and a greater deterioration of freedom and respect. I cannot in good conscience attend a convention supporting him."
Nebraska Republican Sen. Ben Sasse, who has long opposed Trump, wrote a Facebook post calling for a third-party candidate.
"With Clinton and Trump, the fix is in. Heads, they win; tails, you lose," Sasse wrote. "Why are we confined to these two terrible options? This is America. If both choices stink, we reject them and go bigger. That's what we do."
He added that although he is a staunch conservative, he's "not interested in an ideological purity test, because even a genuine consensus candidate would almost certainly be more conservative than either of the two dishonest liberals now leading the two national parties."
Art Pope, an influential North Carolina donor, said he withdrew his name from the delegate slate for the upcoming state convention there, saying he no longer wants to go to Cleveland.
"At this point in time I do not plan to actively support Donald Trump," Pope told CNN. "That's why I'm not going to the Republican National Convention."

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
The note and the graph contradict each other. Weird Wikipedia

Weird but this verifies what I said,
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/turnout.php

This Verifies what you posted
http://www.fairvote.org/voter_turnout#voter_turnout_101

Doesn't make a lot of sense.

I still don't think we make 50% or we do this fall it won't be much higher than that.
I was under the same assumption as you but when I looked it up this info came up. Anyhow a less than majority of eligible voters will dictate the outcome. Trends have been to throw out 8 year party incumbents.

townsend

Banned
Yeah, I can't really disagree with any of this. Pretty much I'm depending on her being held at bay by a liberal congress and a vocal base.

Once again Richard Nixon, but with different plumbing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Taking a page out of the Bipo playbook:

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a bar. Donald leans over, and With A smile on his face, says, "The media are really tearing you apart for That Scandal."

Hillary: "You mean my lying about Benghazi?"
Trump: "No, the other one."

Hillary: "You mean the massive voter fraud?"

Hillary: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"

Hillary: "Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?"

Hillary: "Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?

Hillary: "You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?"

Hillary: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"

Hillary: "You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?"

Hillary: "Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?"
Trump: "No the other one:"

Hillary: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"

Hillary: "Turning Libya into chaos?"

Hillary: "Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?"

Hillary: "Turning our backs on Israel?"

Hillary: "The joke Iran Nuke deal? "

Hillary: "Leaving Iraq in chaos? "

Hillary: "The DOJ spying on the press?"

Hillary: "You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?"

Hillary: "Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring citizens' ?"

Hillary: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"

Hillary: "Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"

Hillary: "Threats to all of Bill's former mistresses to keep them quiet"

Hillary: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I've got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware and China when Bill left Office?"
Trump: "THAT'S IT! I almost forgot about that one".
Everything above is true. Yet she still gets the Democratic vote? Does anyone understand this??? I think we're doomed !!!

Last edited:

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It's primarily the reason I said I would vote for anyone but her if it came down to her and anyone else.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Jesus, it's like you have no idea who Hilary even is. And yes, she does pander to the public, but she has done a horrible job of doing any endearing.
Endear was a bad choice of words but she is not going to do anything that will turn people en masse against her.

Certainly nothing to destroy the party.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Taking a page out of the Bipo playbook:

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton are in a bar. Donald leans over, and With A smile on his face, says, "The media are really tearing you apart for That Scandal."

Hillary: "You mean my lying about Benghazi?"

Hillary: "You mean the massive voter fraud?"

Hillary: "You mean the military not getting their votes counted?"

Hillary: "Using my secret private server with classified material to Hide my Activities?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring our phone calls, emails and everything Else?"

Hillary: "Using the Clinton Foundation as a cover for tax evasion, Hiring Cronies, And taking bribes from foreign countries?

Hillary: "You mean the drones being operated in our own country without The Benefit of the law?"

Hillary: "Giving 123 Technologies $300 Million, and right afterward it Declared Bankruptcy and was sold to the Chinese?"

Hillary: "You mean arming the Muslim Brotherhood and hiring them in the White House?"

Hillary: "Whitewater, Watergate committee, Vince Foster, commodity Deals?"

Hillary: "The IRS targeting conservatives?"

Hillary: "Turning Libya into chaos?"

Hillary: "Trashing Mubarak, one of our few Muslim friends?"

Hillary: "Turning our backs on Israel?"

Hillary: "The joke Iran Nuke deal? "

Hillary: "Leaving Iraq in chaos? "

Hillary: "The DOJ spying on the press?"

Hillary: "You mean HHS Secretary Sibelius shaking down health insurance Executives?"

Hillary: "Giving our cronies in SOLYNDRA $500 MILLION DOLLARS and 3 Months Later they declared bankruptcy and then the Chinese bought it?"

Hillary: "The NSA monitoring citizens' ?"

Hillary: "The State Department interfering with an Inspector General Investigation on departmental sexual misconduct?"

Hillary: "Me, The IRS, Clapper and Holder all lying to Congress?"

Hillary: "Threats to all of Bill's former mistresses to keep them quiet"

Hillary: "I give up! ... Oh wait, I think I've got it! When I stole the White House furniture, silverware and China when Bill left Office?"
Trump: "THAT'S IT! I almost forgot about that one".
Everything above is true. Yet she still gets the Democratic vote? Does anyone understand this??? I think we're doomed !!!
:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned

You can't make this shit up.:lol

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

You can't make this shit up.:lol
I was just about to post that right now. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom