2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
I don't think taking Prescott will keep us from taking a guy in the 1st that we fall in love with in the next few years either. I can't argue with the strategy they took towards QB's in this draft, they aggressively tried to move up for Lynch and then after they barely missed out on that they clearly didn't overvalue guys like Prescott.

Unless Prescott looks absolutely amazing over the next year or two I can't imagine what amounts to a 5th round QB will keep them from going after a QB they value as highly as they did Lynch.
I hope you're right. I really hope that you're right. The fact that we've drafted a total of 3 QBs since 2001 doesn't exactly give me much hope.

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
He loved Nick Hayden. Fuck Marinelli.
He loved that Golden Cock. Couldn't quit him.

Apparently Marinelli fell in love with your boyfriend Sheldon Day during Senior Bowl week too. How does that make you feel?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
How much better does this draft look like this?

1 Carson Wentz
2 Jaylon Smith
3 Maliek Collins
4 Charles Tapper
4 Devontae Booker/Kenneth Dixon
etc

Yeah, Fuck you Philly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope you're right. I really hope that you're right. The fact that we've drafted a total of 3 QBs since 2001 doesn't exactly give me much hope.
The fact thay we tried to trade up for Lynch and Connor Cook gives me hope. Means I don't think Prescott was anything more then a fallback option that clearly some Garrett had to convince the team to take.

Its also probably the first time I have felt like we actually took QB seriously.

D

Deuce

Im actually happy with how it turns out. I'd rather have Smith/Collins than Lynch and I'm not convinced Dak is too far off from him in terms of tools to work with. Both are projects.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Im actually happy with how it turns out. I'd rather have Smith/Collins than Lynch and I'm not convinced Dak is too far off from him in terms of tools to work with. Both are projects.

Exactly how I feel.

dallen

Senior Tech
I would have loved to get Lynch in the second, but I wouldn't trade away the middle of our draft for him

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The Gregory suspension was a gift. Irving is a better player and the rotation is deeper and stronger as a whole after the draft.

The Lawrence suspension hurts bad, especially if he's nailed for perf-enhancing drugs.

As for the draft, the Cowboys actually acted as if they had a clue. They wanted the QBs, but didn't overpay. They admitted the DL was hurting and addressed it with solid, strong players with no injury history.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I would have loved to get Lynch in the second, but I wouldn't trade away the middle of our draft for him
No, that's too much.

But the key is Jaylon Smith. If he can't come back 100%, I don't know if him along with Collins (plus whatever sweetener Jerry didn't throw in) is enough to offset a potential Romo heir.

dallen

Senior Tech
No, that's too much.

But the key is Jaylon Smith. If he can't come back 100%, I don't know if him along with Collins (plus whatever sweetener Jerry didn't throw in) is enough to offset a potential Romo heir.
Well since a 2 and a 3 weren't enough I am assuming we would also have to trade the Tapper pick or a future pick. That's too much for me

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Well since a 2 and a 3 weren't enough I am assuming we would also have to trade the Tapper pick or a future pick. That's too much for me
I can't believe a 2 and 3 weren't enough compared to what the Broncos offered. That is just dumb as hell on the part of the Seahawks. Do they really think a fifth year option on their G/T prospect is worth that much in terms of draft picks? It's not like they got a guy who was a steal in the first round anyway.

I have no idea what would have made it better, we were already offering something better then the Broncos. I'd be curious to know what they wanted instead? Just kind of pisses me off. I mean I'm thrilled with Jaylon and Collins but if we don't have Romo neither of them will matter.

I'm also curious how we couldn't get the deal done for Cook. Shit we were literally moving up 1 spot for him. I know a number of people on this board would have wanted to burn it down for Jerry moving up one spot but Cook was the last of the "potential starting" QBs in my opinion. After that it was just a matter of who the best backup long term would be and Prescott may have been close to the top of that list.

Last edited:

Stars

DCC 4Life
Watched some video on Darius Jackson this morning. That kid is stupid fast in the open spaces. Doesn't look like he has a lot of vision or cut burst taking handoffs yet, but if the NFL still had kick returns (sort of joking) he looks like he would be a good candidate for that job.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just all depends if he would have ended up a franchise QB here or not. If he would have the price would easily be worth it. If not, the price would be horrific.

The fact thay we tried to trade up for Lynch and Connor Cook gives me hope. Means I don't think Prescott was anything more then a fallback option that clearly some Garrett had to convince the team to take.

Its also probably the first time I have felt like we actually took QB seriously.
They have no choice but to take QB seriously after last years mismanagement.

I mean I'm thrilled with Jaylon and Collins but if we don't have Romo neither of them will matter.
I really don't care at this point..he is probably gonna miss more time next year so maybe we get another top 5 pick. I just want Garrett gone, he has no business being an NFL head coach.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dallas could only trade a 6th from this draft to move up for Cook.

As for Seattle, it's clear they view Dallas as a potential rival. On top of the 5th year option (a dumb reason compared with double digit draft position in the 3rd) it was best to get Lynch out of the conference and especially away from Dallas.

dallen

Senior Tech
Just all depends if he would have ended up a franchise QB here or not. If he would have the price would easily be worth it. If not, the price would be horrific.
Well, you can answer anything in hindsight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom