2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
SOURCES TELL US "I really like his potential because he's a big athlete who will hit you and immediately brings special teams value to the table." -- NFC South scout
NFL COMPARISON Barry Church

I feel like NFL.com is run by a Cowboys Scout. I can't even make up these comparisons.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Okay, for me this is my who the...? Pick. Someone enlighten me on Kavon Frazier.
STRENGTHS Has the physical build of a grown, NFL man with broad shoulders and muscular frame. Classic, height/weight/speed prospect. Comes downhill looking for work in run support. Explodes through his target as a hitter and looks to make statements. Has experience high and low as a safety. Good stop-start foot quickness for a big safety. Special teams demon with 14 tackles in punt and kick coverage over the last two seasons. His college coach was a long*time NFL special teams coordinator who praises Frazier's special teams potential. Should test well at the combine.
WEAKNESSES Strong desire to thump against the run forces him out of position when biting on play*action. His downhill tracks sometimes include questionable angles to the ball and he will run himself into traffic and lose contain. Has issues overreacting to head fakes at the break points of routes. Shows some confusion sifting through combo routes at times. Average instincts from zone and is slow to anticipate quarterback's intentions.
DRAFT PROJECTION Round 5

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don't know anything about the player.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Indeed. All they've basically done is draft WRs.
I love myself a good WR but how the hell do you draft WRs when you have no QB, basically one good O-lineman and shit at RB. I mean it's literally like they think they can build an offense entirely out of WRs.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
SOURCES TELL US "I really like his potential because he's a big athlete who will hit you and immediately brings special teams value to the table." -- NFC South scout
NFL COMPARISON Barry Church

I feel like NFL.com is run by a Cowboys Scout. I can't even make up these comparisons.
It is a stupid comparison.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Damn. We're getting old. Fred Taylor's son is already in the NFL now? Did he have him when he was 15 or something?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Frazier is another guy who hits the SPARQ numbers.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I love myself a good WR but how the hell do you draft WRs when you have no QB, basically one good O-lineman and shit at RB. I mean it's literally like they think they can build an offense entirely out of WRs.
It's like they just checked out after the 3rd round and basically said "fuck it". Their 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks were really good, and they just let their draft go completely to shit after that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Basically Frazier is a great athlete with big size for a safety. 4.5 40 guy at 217 pounds. Honestly I didn't watch Central Michigan but he was one of the top 3 safety prospects still left. I would have preferred Cash but this guy is bigger and faster.

You can bet he is an immediate contributor on special teams.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom