2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Yeah, I think Jerruh wants to win one as well. No denying that. But, I think the stadium is his prize child now.

And I disagree with you in that Jerruh's got another 10 years minimum. Not guessing.
It's the same as it's been since Jimmy left. Jerry wants to win, but only to a certain degree doing it 'his way'. He won't go all in to win, like hiring a great coach, giving up control, spotlight etc. No one that is all in it to win hires Wade Phillips as HC and then replaces him with a guy who admittedly has to learn on the job with "training wheels" on for a few years. It's all about Jerry's comfort level and wanting to win but not wanting to really win at all costs.

dallen

Senior Tech
I don't like Dak, but it is hard to get too upset about using a compensatory 4th round pick on him. Hopefully I'm wrong about him.

D

Deuce

How? Look no further than our ownership. Yeah, it may only be a 4th round pick, but to these morons it'll be an excuse to ignore the position for years to come.
That excuse is getting overblown. I think there's a damn good chance Garrett won't be here as long as Romo and when a new coach takes over, he's going to be given what he wants at QB. If Dak isn't his guy, we'll shop again.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Starting to look like maybe Leary is staying put. I'm surprised by this. Especially since we had interest before the draft.
We'll get a better comp pick if he signs a big deal somewhere, maybe a 4th or 5th. Not gonna deal him for a 6th or 7th.

dallen

Senior Tech
Dak is rough and will need a lot of coaching, but the physical talent is there. I just highly doubt Wilson and Garrett's ability to teach him.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
I don't like Dak, but it is hard to get too upset about using a compensatory 4th round pick on him. Hopefully I'm wrong about him.
It'll be really easy to get upset when we ignore the QB position until Romo is gone and the issue is a fucking dumpster fire.

Jiggyfly

Banned
How? Look no further than our ownership. Yeah, it may only be a 4th round pick, but to these morons it'll be an excuse to ignore the position for years to come.
I get it Jerry is running the draft and he thinks Dak is the heir apparent.

That makes complete sense.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Zeke Eilliot - one of best players in draft and immediate impact. A
Jaylon Smith - Risky gamble. Great player but redshirt season and no guarantee he'll be the same player when he returns. C
Maliek Collins - Solid DT. Fills a position of need and good value. B
Charles Tapper - A good value in the 4th round. Also fills a need position. B
Dak Prescott - You knew it was going to happen. Better end of the 4th than on day 2. Would've preferred waiting til 6th to try and get Hogan or Allen but Dak could be a decent developmental type/backup. - C-

Overall I give us a B. Zeke, Collins and Tapper should have a chance to have immediate impacts and contribute early. Jaylon is an unnecessary gamble but has a chance to pay off big. Don't have much faith Dak will be more than a decent backup. Just hope we still look for a potential franchise QB in the near future.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
This is not the QB of the future. Even Jerry knows that.

They will seriously draft the next QB in the first round in any of the next 4 years.

They would have drafted Wentz this year.

dallen

Senior Tech
It'll be really easy to get upset when we ignore the QB position until Romo is gone and the issue is a fucking dumpster fire.
I am not going to waste my time getting upset about things that may happen in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom