2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I expect us to draft a QB the year Romo retires. What Dak will do is prevent us from preparing ahead of time for Romo's retirement so that we can have a smooth transition. That's what I hate.
Precisely.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
The Eagles get Carson Wentz and we get Dak Prescott.

Guess that puts to bed the stupidity of this being God's favorite team.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Bills took Cardale Jones. Probably steaming Dak got taken ahead of them....or not.

Bluestar71

Brand New Member
You waste four years on Dak and then even if you're lucky enough to find someone immediately after its another 2-3 years developing your rookie now we're almost a decade into replacing Romo's production. Fucking horrid.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I expect us to draft a QB the year Romo retires. What Dak will do is prevent us from preparing ahead of time for Romo's retirement so that we can have a smooth transition. That's what I hate.
I know. That's what I expect too. Unless we go the post-Aikman route and don't even draft a legit QB once Romo retires either.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I don't love Prescott either but haven't we heard from certain posters "Draft a QB every year" and now we hate the one they took?

Let the hate come when we actually pass on a quality starter. This is basically a 5th round pick, and a lot of people like this guy as a developmental QB. Maybe he's Stephen McGee but we could have done worse.

Stars

DCC 4Life
Ideally, you draft Dak in hopes of developing a solid backup & don't let the fact that you have him influence your search for a real quarterback. Unfortunately we all know this management style doesn't happen in Dallas.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I see no reason Prescott stops Dallas from looking at any other QB;s moving forward.

He is basically a 5th round pick.

The fact that they were so aggressive trying to get QB's earlier and still waited to pick him shows he is not thought of as the future.

Also the fact that Garret had to beg to get this guy shows that he never a priority.

I see him as a longterm backup type that can give you some playmaking in a pinch.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I totally smoke screened you guys. Dak is the guy I've wanted all along! WOOOOO!!

I can't believe you guys actually fell fo....

Ah, fuck it. I can't even lie.

~smashes remote~

Jiggyfly

Banned
That makes no sense if they draft a QB immediately after he retires that means they never looked at Dak as the long term answer.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I know. That's what I expect too. Unless we go the post-Aikman route and don't even draft a legit QB once Romo retires either.
It's pretty clear the front office really believes Romo has 4-5 years left. It will be just like Aikman. "Oh, he's fine for awhile yet, we're good." Then that final injury seals the deal.

Stars

DCC 4Life
The fact that they were so aggressive trying to get QB's earlier and still waited to pick him shows he is not thought of as the future.
That's a valid point.

stubbie

Not So New Member
Dak impressed staff at Senior Bowl. He was our backup plan to any QB worth a damn.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't love Prescott either but haven't we heard from certain posters "Draft a QB every year" and now we hate the one they took?

Let the hate come when we actually pass on a quality starter. This is basically a 5th round pick, and a lot of people like this guy as a developmental QB. Maybe he's Stephen McGee but we could have done worse.
If you are going to take a "QB" then take Hogan here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom