2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't get the Vitals hate...really took college basketball up a notch with his enthusiasm. If it was fake, then that would big me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
5.5 as a sophomore
1 as a JR
7 as a SR.

They aren't bad numbers but I'd expect more. However knowing a little more about how Oklahoma used him I'm excited. Probably the best DE prospect left.

If anybody was watching ESPN Kiper and McShay really loved the pick.
I think he has potential to be a Greg Ellis type for us. Not spectacular but not a scrub. A solid DE who can provide decent pass rush.

At Oklahoma he rarely got to pin his ears back and rush off the edge. Oklahoma played in more of a 3-4 type of system and they used Eric Striker and Devone Bond, a couple of undersized OLBs, as their edge rushers. So it'll be interesting to see how Tapper works out as an edge rusher.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, evrabody says that. Just sounds like he is solid versus underutilized.
Just watch him, it looked like he was doing lining heads up on O-lineman and doing read and react shit. A guy who is that fast and big is wasted doing that.

data

Forbes #1
On call with DC.com, Charles Tapper called Garrett one of the greatest coaches in the NFL.

Other than that boo-boo, I liked his exuberant and talkative attitude.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Yeah, but I was hoping we'd make it this far without doing something stupid. Our first 4 picks were all in premium position. The 1st 4th rounder was basically like another 3rd.

Our compensatory 4th is at the bottom, so will be easier to swallow if we shit the bed with it. It will suck if we blow it, but hey. You gotta grab whatever you can with this team.
Yea, for us this has actually been a solid draft. No retarded reaches or picks that make you wonder what the hell they were thinking.

It isn't perfect, but for our standards, I'll take it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he has potential to be a Greg Ellis type for us. Not spectacular but not a scrub. A solid DE who can provide decent pass rush.

At Oklahoma he rarely got to pin his ears back and rush off the edge. Oklahoma played in more of a 3-4 type of system and they used Eric Striker and Devone Bond, a couple of undersized OLBs, as their edge rushers. So it'll be interesting to see how Tapper works out as an edge rusher.
This is pretty much my feeling.

data

Forbes #1
Read that Tapper had the second-fastest 10 yard split of any DL at the Combine.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Makes me feel even better about the pick. :towel

Jiggyfly

Banned
I think Tapper is a perfect RDE in this system we need some size at DE.

And he still has some upside.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

He fits the grinder mode we appear to be at in regards to the DL. I will accept it.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
They've done a mediocre job at NFL.com updating trades in their draft tracker.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
My Baileys and coffee has worn off.

Moving to Horchata and Fireball.

Shit, Garrett and Jerry are discussing QB he is standing up showing a throwing motion. Probably trying to tell them to get Presscott..:budd

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, for us this has actually been a solid draft. No retarded reaches or picks that make you wonder what the hell they were thinking.

It isn't perfect, but for our standards, I'll take it.
3 of our 4 picks have been front 7 guys. The other guy was a RB everyone wanted. So for the people wanting the Cowboys to build "the right way" this draft should be a big positive for them.

data

Forbes #1
Jason Garrett very demonstrative in War Room. Standing up and making throwing motions. Looks like Will McClay's not on board with Garrett.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom