Cowboys rely on Dr. Dan Cooper's expertise in selecting Jaylon Smith

townsend

Banned
If this guy is ready to play in 2017, home run draft pick, if not, it's a complete whiff. Our luck with these things tends to make me think the latter more than the former, but you never know.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think Dallas's terrible track record with 2nds is what bugs me most about it. What are the odds that we got a "steal" in the 2nd round, with our track record? 2nd round is when we always overthink our approach, it's where we decide to draft for our 2 TE scheme (that we never actually feature), or grab a 1st round talent, with a massive red flag attached.

This feels like Jerry style wildcatting. A lot of people in DFW are criticizing the Zeke pick as a Jerry pick. But they aren't paying attention. Jerry will almost always talk himself out of a sure thing. (I still have issues with picking Zeke but it was much safer than wasting pick on Ramsey). Jerry always wants to see wants to see what's behind door #3.
Yeah, I'm just kind of numb to it by now. It's kind of odd to have a team that hits on more 3rd, 4th rounders or later than 2nd rounders and until recent years, we haven't hit on all of our 1st rounders either. At least this time we didn't reach for a guy with spotty character issues or an extensive injury history/not being able to stay on the field and we didn't have to trade up to acquire him, that's all I'm saying.

With the progress he seems to be making, I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a late season contributor. He's a smart kid, hard worker and he'll have plenty of time to digest the scheme while he rehabs.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The knee is actually good. I think he would play this year on the knee. The real concern is that he basically has to wear a brace to hold his foot up. That's where the nerve damage comes in.
Well he still had an ACL tear, so just from that alone his playing this year would be dicey.

Top Bottom