Dallas' Patience with Dak Prescott Could Spell Tony Romo Succession Plan

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Eh, we clearly didn't value Prescott that highly, we took him with basically a 5th. We obviously went after it in terms of QB with the near trade up for Lynch and then we sat back and took a flyer on a developmental guy, can't complain about that.

Unless Prescott really impresses I doubt his presence would keep us from going after a QB we liked as much as Lynch in the future. I was worried about taking this fool in the 3rd, or one of the other two fools in the 2nd and then the organization would feel compelled to stick it out with the guy for 3-4 years because of the investment, but that isn't the case anymore with a QB who was like the 130th pick or whatever.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Dafuq is up with his throwing motion?

They weren't kidding when they say he has a short delivery.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
About two seasons too long when it was readily apparent he couldn't play in the NFL.
Yeah he got 3 seasons. Prescott will probably get similar unless he actually progresses. But I don't think it would stop us from drafting someone else after seeing how sick Jerry was for missing out on Lynch. And that we tried trading up for Cook too. Tells me Prescott wasn't that high on our board. Really 5th QB at best.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Yeah he got 3 seasons. Prescott will probably get similar unless he actually progresses. But I don't think it would stop us from drafting someone else after seeing how sick Jerry was for missing out on Lynch. And that we tried trading up for Cook too. Tells me Prescott wasn't that high on our board. Really 5th QB at best.
Yeah it looks like he is just cannon fodder in the event he is needed. I hope he proves all of us wrong.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
"I think this is big -- and it can be osmosis. I don’t expect Tony to be out here having midnight sessions with him, learning and getting it up,” Jones said. “But I just think that a guy – I’ve used this example – but Aaron Rodgers benefited from being around Favre. He saw things in Favre’s game that could complement and add to what he’s doing. I think this is the case in spades, and it’s as much of anything as what motivated me to want to go ahead and get somebody on campus."

:picard

:lol

:picard

dallen

Senior Tech
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Skip in the QB position? You're not taking it seriously.

Take a QB to try to develop? It's a waste of time that will prevent us from drafting a QB in the first.
That's why even though I don't like Prescott I am not too upset about the pick. It is better than doing nothing. We just better not put all our eggs in one Dak basket.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Irrelevant in terms of the McNair comparison. The fact he will have to sit and learn is a given. McNair set passing records at Alcorn State. Again, he is black, so let's be lazy.

And if you looked at his body of work in college, you would get the Tebow one.
Prescott has the second most passing yards in a season in the SEC. The comparisons to Tebow is stupid and lazy.

A QB is from the SEC and has the ability to run...he is just like Tebow! That shit is last.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
His profile isn't that different from Stephen McGee, another 4th round, dual-threat, "great intangibles" QB.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Tebow winds up for 5 minutes before he releases the ball. Dak has a very quick release. I don't get the Tebow comp.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His profile isn't that different from Stephen McGee, another 4th round, dual-threat, "great intangibles" QB.
That desctiption fits a lot of QBs. Some succeed and some don't. I mean Russel Wilson lasts one round later and your description fits him. Of course Wilson had a much stronger arm. Prescott was way more successful in college then McGee.

townsend

Banned
If Prescott plays we'd better have a package to run the option.
Honestly having an athletic guy to come in for a game and 1/2 isn't the worst thing, it would probably throw defensive coordinators for loops for a couple weeks.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Honestly having an athletic guy to come in for a game and 1/2 isn't the worst thing, it would probably throw defensive coordinators for loops for a couple weeks.
The option should be hard to stop behind this OL.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Tebow winds up for 5 minutes before he releases the ball. Dak has a very quick release. I don't get the Tebow comp.
Actually, I came across this blurb and in this regard the comparison makes sense.

From http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-cowboys/cowboys/2016/02/25/tim-tebow-like-qb-dak-prescott-informal-meeting-dallas-cowboys-grew-fan-team

COMPARES TO: Tim Tebow, ex-Broncos, Jets, Patriots -- It is the natural comparison, beyond just the connection to Mississippi State head coach Dan Mullen, who was Florida's offensive coordinator when Tebow was in Gainesville. Although Prescott has a slightly better arm and more consistent mechanics, he and Tebow grade similar in several categories, including composure, mobility, power and leadership.

Top Bottom