2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Impact potential on special teams with one career blocked kick (Purdue assistant coach: "We can't block him on field goal tries in practice...")

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Broaddus likes Brown
Guy with a lot of potential for this late in the draft but he gave up a lot of TDs supposedly in college. Like 17 over 3 years according to NFL.com (Although sometimes it's hard to place blame on that stuff).

Still they have listed as a 5th-6th rounder so getting him in the middle of the sixth is pretty solid.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Meh. On second thought, he'll fit right in.
Kind of dishonest to only post one half of a scouting report.

Patient footwork from press coverage. Consistent and effective in zone coverage. Plays with plus field awareness and overall intelligence in space. Solid in bail coverage with balancing eye work between receiver and quarterback and maintaining proper spacing. Diligent against play*-action possibilities near goal line. Has hands to finish with the interception when opportunity arises. Finished with 10 passes defensed in each of the last two years. Provides value in special teams coverage. Showed blistering closing speed at combine.
BOTTOM LINE Extensive tape work is required for Brown because he's much more talented in coverage than his touchdown total. His slight transition stiffness combined with grabby play in man is a concern, but his field vision and discipline from zone will appeal to zone teams. To earn playing time, Brown needs to play to his size and improve his aggressiveness and willingness as a tackler.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Ok. Scooby Wright, Charone Peake, and either Jalen Mills or Jeremy Cash with out final three picks.

WIN!

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now taking Ruddock, that is a real waste. There isn't even a .000000001% chance that he does anything good in the NFL.

5Ringzz

Brand New Member
what was his name?
Funny. I'm so fucking tired right now and just getting started.

I'll catch up on this thread later at the poker table.

I see we got Brown from Purdue. Some had him in the 3rd round so Jerry got another "bargain" he can brag about

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
SS Jeremy Cash
FS/CB Jalen Mills
LB Scooby Wright
CB Harlan Miller
WR Charone Peake
WR Kenny Lawler

Ok, took Listenbee off my wish list and add Lawler. Here's your board, Jerry. Pick from here.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm in B1G10/11/whatever territory and I never even heard of him.
I know him because he played at Iowa before transferring away because Beathard beat him out. He doesn't have a lick of physical tools and was terrible at Iowa.

GShock

DCC 4Life
I'm in B1G10/11/whatever territory and I never even heard of him.
Well, he started at Iowa and led Michigan to a pretty good season last year as a grad transfer.

Got debacled by his HS teammate in Bosa, but led them to a win over Florida, picking on Hargreaves a few times if I recall correctly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I could see that. A dime package type of guy that maybe could develop like Scandrick did.
Scandrick kind of comes to mind with that pick. Not that he will become Scandrick. But a fast dude who tackles well is basically what Scandrick was when we picked him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom