2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Just got back home...friggin Dak lmao

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
The good news is this pick prevents us from making a full on retard trade like we did for Matt Cassel.
Thats it. Our way forward is clear at the position. If Romo gets seriously hurt or his skills take a dive, we draft a QB like the Broncos just did.

data

Forbes #1
I think Jerruh wants to win a superbowl before he dies. Just my opinion. And he doesn't have that many years left...
Yeah, I think Jerruh wants to win one as well. No denying that. But, I think the stadium is his prize child now.

And I disagree with you in that Jerruh's got another 10 years minimum. Not guessing.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
Starting to look like maybe Leary is staying put. I'm surprised by this. Especially since we had interest before the draft.
Yeah, the window for getting halfway decent compensation for him is closing before the 5th becomes compensatory picks. There's no sense in trading him for anything less.

Jiggyfly

Banned
If you think Romo is going to play the entire season before he retires you are crazy. Romo will have a horrible injury at some point, Dak will come in and suck and then after the season is over Romo retires and Cowboys draft a QB. I just hope that it happens in 2020 and not 2017.
What does any of that have to do with what I said or what you said.

I don't think they will pass on a QB because of Dak and I think they are actively looking for Romo's replacement if not they ould not have been trying to move up and get Lynch.

townsend

Banned
Quincy Carter fiasco all over again.
To be fair that was a 2nd rounder we spent on Q Car. But I don't feel great that we have the same QB coach. I'd be pretty shocked if this was our only iron in the fire though. If Romo gets hurt, and if Dak starts, we might very well find ourselves back at the top of the draft anyway.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
As for serious attempt at a QB, there's only been three - Aikman (obvious choice), Quincy Carter (laughable, but serious attempt) and Drew Henson.
I know. And once we lucked out on Romo we just put all our eggs in that basket til he retires. And Romo has been good, but he's not a guy like Brady or Manning who can carry a team. He has to have an all-star cast around him. Our most successful season recently was when we had the leagues leading rusher and relied less on Romo's arm. That's why going all in on him makes no sense, but I don't think Jerry can stomach a QB search and development process since he's never had to do it and failed the one time he tried. He inherited Aikman, then failed with his projects until we lucked out on Romo. Now it's Romo or bust. But maybe we can pull out one more wildcard win or two before he's done.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Lookit, we picked at 4 and would have taken Wentz, but weren't willing to give up a ransom to get him. I think that was the right call.

We liked Lynch, but weren't willing to pay the price it would have taken to come back into the first to get him.

Everyone praises Wolf for taking QBs and seeing what develops. No reason we can't do that here.

If a franchise QB falls to us (and we've bitched about how there isn't one there for next year), I doubt like hell we're passing on a sure-fire franchise caliber QB because of Dak friggin Prescott.
I'm fine if our ownership actually took that approach. In that scenario I'm all in favor of.

Unfortunately though we're stuck with tweedle dee and tweedle dumbass who will use this pick as excuse to completely ignore the years to come like it did when we wasted a pick on McGee.

With their mentality I'd rather have taken a prospect that could actually develop into something.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
How?

Carter was a 2nd round pick we heavily invested in.

Dak was a compensatory 4th that the head coach had to beg for.
How? Look no further than our ownership. Yeah, it may only be a 4th round pick, but to these morons it'll be an excuse to ignore the position for years to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom