Cowboys rely on Dr. Dan Cooper's expertise in selecting Jaylon Smith

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
:lol that line of thinking leads to such excellent outcomes.
Well to be fair the jury is still out on the last two. A 4 game suspension hardly designates a guy as a failure. Especially Lawrence whose suspension looks like it is related potentially to a very legal substance.

Escobar was a safe pick at a stupid position. Carter didn't fail because of injuries and was actually a pretty good contributor here. Bennett and Fasano basically fall in the same category as Escobar. It wasn't a lack of talent, it was the fact that we draft a position that wasn't a need. If anything those failures should give you pause to going BPA.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And then the Patriots jump us and we miss out. You can't just sit back assuming you know what other teams will do.
This had to be their reasoning, and they also couldn't possibly know the Pats were the only other suitors for Smith. I don't see how media outlets claim to know this now.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This had to be their reasoning, and they also couldn't possibly know the Pats were the only other suitors for Smith. I don't see how media outlets claim to know this now.
The media outlets don't. Not a damn one of them had a clue about Bosa going to the Chargers. Most NFL teams do a really good job of hiding their intentions.

The media outlets don't. Not a damn one of them had a clue about Bosa going to the Chargers. Most NFL teams do a really good job of hiding their intentions.
Not the Cowboys evidently as evidenced by the teams jumping in front of them to take away the QBs!! Lol

Jiggyfly

Banned

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The knee is actually good. I think he would play this year on the knee. The real concern is that he basically has to wear a brace to hold his foot up. That's where the nerve damage comes in.

townsend

Banned
That's cool, does his nerve work?

Carl

RIP Brother
I won't be comfortable with this pick until I know Dr. Jerry Jones has looked at the x rays and the potential for nerve regeneration.

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
The knee is actually good. I think he would play this year on the knee. The real concern is that he basically has to wear a brace to hold his foot up. That's where the nerve damage comes in.
That's the frightening part of it all. There's just not telling when, or if, that nerve will fully regrow.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's the frightening part of it all. There's just not telling when, or if, that nerve will fully regrow.
Yep. The problem isn't necessarily the knee rather that knee surgery caused dropped foot syndrome. It's anyone's guess whether this will be fully corrected.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah the promising part is that the nerve according to our doctor at least wasn't actually destroyed. Just that it basically was stretched. I know he is a pretty renowned doctor with this sort of stuff so I'll just trust him.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
My question is, if he's running like that now, how is the nerve even effecting him? I know I'm just a layperson but I don't get it.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
My question is, if he's running like that now, how is the nerve even effecting him? I know I'm just a layperson but I don't get it.
He basically can't pick his own foot up. So they put a brace on it to hold it up. I believe he is still able to push his foot down. Basically they have a device on him right now doing what he isn't able to do on his own. It's why the doctor has mentioned some players in high school and college actually playing without ever having the nerve come back. It's not unheard of but it is unheard of in the NFL.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He is probably running with a brace of sorts. It's difficult to say whether this brace is functional with field gear.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Top Bottom