Not open for further replies.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Yeah, so Rasmussen is the most recent poll. Thanks

Considering Trumps numbers appear to keep improving among Republicans it isn't surprising.
Both polls ended Apr 28th. I suppose the will of the nation changed over the course of an afternoon.

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
Also Trump's numbers didn't go up considerably, the poll had Hillary about 10 points lower than her average. So the "republicans warming up to Trump" theory doesn't hold up.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also Trump's numbers didn't go up considerably, the poll had Hillary about 10 points lower than her average. So the "republicans warming up to Trump" theory doesn't hold up.
The same polling company has Trump at all times highs against the other Republicans

townsend

Banned
Clinton had a 41 to 36 lead according to the same poll 2 months ago...
Yes and she had a 47 to 40 lead in a poll that concluded on the exact same day, you're futzing over a single aberration on a scatter plot. Polls have variations that fail to display the public consensus due to the randomness of selection. That's why you chart multiple polls to get a clearer picture. Rasmussen's latest poll is an anomaly, and it's large divergence from its previous poll is perfect proof of that.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As much as I hate the idea of a Hillary Presidency, I think that's what we're getting.

townsend

Banned
Romney isn't Trump. I think many people like yourself are taking a big risk with the hubris by not taking Trump seriously as a competitor.
People think we have to rewrite the rule books because of Trump, but his success isn't because of anything unique about him. He couldn't win the nomination from a 3rd party in 1999.
The difference is that the GOP primary process is so fundamentally broken. It failed to find the candidate that would appeal to the American majority, and instead found the one that pandered to the right wing's least common denominator. The indulgence of America's deeply frustrated (who aren't deep thinkers) at the expense of mainstream popularity is why we got radically different results than expected, and it's the exact reason why Trump will struggle to secure even strong Republican states like TX, much less swing states. I'd be surprised if he got over 100 electoral votes.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What's so funny? Yesterday one of the Freedom of information requests to the FBI was responded to that they couldn't release the information requested on her because it was part of a criminal investigation. I'm sure they didn't wasn't that out but now It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom