2016 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

data

Forbes #1
When it comes to replacing a legacy QB like Aikman, Romo, my prediction is that Dak Prescott >>>>> Tony Banks

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't love Prescott either but haven't we heard from certain posters "Draft a QB every year" and now we hate the one they took?

Let the hate come when we actually pass on a quality starter. This is basically a 5th round pick, and a lot of people like this guy as a developmental QB. Maybe he's Stephen McGee but we could have done worse.
Pretty much, he was a third/fourth round projection and we got him at the end of the fourth. Personally I would have rather just found a way to get Cook in the fourth but with what was left at QB at this point in the draft? Prescott was the best available. And a better player then other QBs who went higher in this draft. We took a shot in the dark and maybe his throwing ability continues to get better.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Lookit, we picked at 4 and would have taken Wentz, but weren't willing to give up a ransom to get him. I think that was the right call.

We liked Lynch, but weren't willing to pay the price it would have taken to come back into the first to get him.

Everyone praises Wolf for taking QBs and seeing what develops. No reason we can't do that here.

If a franchise QB falls to us (and we've bitched about how there isn't one there for next year), I doubt like hell we're passing on a sure-fire franchise caliber QB because of Dak friggin Prescott.

data

Forbes #1
I don't think this pick is any worse than Stephen McGee...you people are just racists.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That makes no sense if they draft a QB immediately after he retires that means they never looked at Dak as the long term answer.
If you think Romo is going to play the entire season before he retires you are crazy. Romo will have a horrible injury at some point, Dak will come in and suck and then after the season is over Romo retires and Cowboys draft a QB. I just hope that it happens in 2020 and not 2017.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I don't love Prescott either but haven't we heard from certain posters "Draft a QB every year" and now we hate the one they took?

Let the hate come when we actually pass on a quality starter. This is basically a 5th round pick, and a lot of people like this guy as a developmental QB. Maybe he's Stephen McGee but we could have done worse.
I'm actually a 'draft a QB every 2-3 years' guy, and if we do that then I'm fine. But we don't, we draft a QB every 7-8 years. Dak is only the 3rd QB we've drafted in over 20 years. Maybe we'll still look for a potential franchise QB in the next year or two. But I don't like our track record.

data

Forbes #1
I can see us taking special interest in showcasing him in preseason and he will be the roadblock to us actually deciding to honestly address the QB position.

So much for Nugget coming out. Looking forward to Halley's comet now.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Charone Peake
Kolby Listenbee
Ronald Blair
Jalen Mills
Scooby Wright

Any one of those would have been a home run compared to taking Prescott.

data

Forbes #1
If you think Romo is going to play the entire season before he retires you are crazy. Romo will have a horrible injury at some point, Dak will come in and suck and then after the season is over Romo retires and Cowboys draft a QB. I just hope that it happens in 2020 and not 2017.
What does Jerruh care? Cowboys rake in dough with 90k+ fans whether we're 12-4 or 4-12.

Jerruh's baby is the stadium, no longer the team. More proud of hosting Jonas Bros, Wrestlemania and Pacquiao fights than a playoff season.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Backup QB was a critical need. We can let the kids fight for backup reps now. Between the two of them we should be able to spell Romo a few games.

data

Forbes #1
I'm actually a 'draft a QB every 2-3 years' guy, and if we do that then I'm fine. But we don't, we draft a QB every 7-8 years. Dak is only the 3rd QB we've drafted in over 20 years. Maybe we'll still look for a potential franchise QB in the next year or two. But I don't like our track record.
As for serious attempt at a QB, there's only been three - Aikman (obvious choice), Quincy Carter (laughable, but serious attempt) and Drew Henson.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
What does Jerruh care? Cowboys rake in dough with 90k+ fans whether we're 12-4 or 4-12.

Jerruh's baby is the stadium, no longer the team. More proud of hosting Jonas Bros, Wrestlemania and Pacquiao fights than a playoff season.
I think Jerruh wants to win a superbowl before he dies. Just my opinion. And he doesn't have that many years left...

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

I wish he'd devote more time to marketing the stadium than playing fantasy GM.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Backup QB was a critical need. We can let the kids fight for backup reps now. Between the two of them we should be able to spell Romo a few games.
The good news is this pick prevents us from making a full on retard trade like we did for Matt Cassel.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Starting to look like maybe Leary is staying put. I'm surprised by this. Especially since we had interest before the draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom